Dreamy pork chop ideas

Options
bewitchinglife
bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
I need some inspired ideas on how to cook pork chops for dinner tonight.

Gluten free please.

Replies

• bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one wants to inspire my pork.
  • chrissyrn04
    chrissyrn04 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    We grilled some last night... I think the key is bribing it a few hours in a salt bath. The wash off and marinade... we used spittle olive oil/peppers/garlic/Chili powder/diced onion and enough water to make it coat. Then make sure u don't overdoing.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I have made something very similar to this before, I have no idea how it does with calories, but it is good, I had it with some steamed green veggies on the side, like broccoli and beans.

http://www.food.com/recipe/pork-chops-with-scalloped-potatoes-and-onions-250456

(I don't know how corn flour or gluten free flour will do with this though.....you may have to adapt it, but you get the general idea)
  • psmith_five
    psmith_five Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A link to a low cal cajun spiced pork chops that are amazing. They are a little hot though.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cajun-spiced-pork-chops/
  • ohsweetcalamity
    ohsweetcalamity Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I braise my porkchops in a mix of one 12oz bottle of any good dark beer, 1/3 cup low-sugar ketchup, a tbsp of dried thyme leaves, and a tsp of worcestershire sauce all mixed together. I quickly brown the pork in a pan with a little spray of pam, then remove the chops, set aside, and add one sliced vidalia onion and a pint of sliced white mushrooms to the pan. Once the onions start to caramelize, sprinkle one tbsp of whole wheat flour over the pan and stir until there are no white lumpy bits left. Add the liquid mix, lower heat to a simmer, reduce the whole thing for 20 minutes, and then add the chops back in and braise them, uncovered, for the last 15-20. How long your porkchops take will depend on the thickness of the cut, but I like thin cut so 15 minutes is plenty of time. If you wanna go extra rich, you can add 1 tbsp of butter into the sauce at the end, after you turn the heat off. I don't recommend using margarine for this step, it tends to make the sauce oily and salty rather than creamy. (This recipe is for 4 porkchops, and usually the cals are around 350 per serving, but it depends on what kind of beer you use.)