Brand new member seeking motivation

Options
I have always had to work at my weight, but usually not too hard. I have enjoyed eating what I like and staying fairly fit. Ever since I hit 35 it is like the weight is just sticking to me. I have slowly gained 18 pounds over the past 2 years- I am tall so I hide it well, but now I have had enough!

I work out on the treadmill or elliptical about 1 1/2 hours a week, and sometimes I might get a weight class in. Last week I added yoga to my routine, and I think it is helping me feel more grounded and less in a panic over the gain. A 2 week spring break in Florida is to blame for the last 9 pounds- but enough is enough!

I am a mom of 3 beautiful boys and have been married for 15 years- wow! It is weird just to say that.... but I am happy to be here and looking for anyone with similiar weight loss issues to help be my support.

My biggest hurdle is when I work out in the morning I am exhausted by the afternoon and just can't get things done. Looking for any advice that has helped you....:smile:

Replies

• ramsam70
    ramsam70 Posts: 37
    Options
    I have always had to work at my weight, but usually not too hard. I have enjoyed eating what I like and staying fairly fit. Ever since I hit 35 it is like the weight is just sticking to me. I have slowly gained 18 pounds over the past 2 years- I am tall so I hide it well, but now I have had enough!

I work out on the treadmill or elliptical about 1 1/2 hours a week, and sometimes I might get a weight class in. Last week I added yoga to my routine, and I think it is helping me feel more grounded and less in a panic over the gain. A 2 week spring break in Florida is to blame for the last 9 pounds- but enough is enough!

I am a mom of 3 beautiful boys and have been married for 15 years- wow! It is weird just to say that.... but I am happy to be here and looking for anyone with similiar weight loss issues to help be my support.

My biggest hurdle is when I work out in the morning I am exhausted by the afternoon and just can't get things done. Looking for any advice that has helped you....:smile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site you are in the right place. You can meet your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options

hi and welcome i have been here 7 weeks and my advice would be to read the posts to learn from others & ask questions even if they seem daft, also plan meals in advance where you can and input them as early in the day as you can .. that way you will see if you need to change anything
    also try and eat all your calories, it may be that you are not eating enough
    there are several thread on here about that try and read them
    best of luck
  • ramsam70
    ramsam70 Posts: 37
    Options
    YOu know- some days if I am under calories I just think... "good for me" , but maybe that is wrong... tihs is good advice, and I am going to the diet boards to check out more.
  • nikki_b335
    nikki_b335 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site going on my second week and I took the advice that was given to me and eating all my calories. I lost 2 lbs! yippy! so it works! good luck!!!:flowerforyou: