Vanilla or Plain Greek Yogurt

Options
Please tell me what kind you like. I am looking for one that has some sweetness. I bought the Chobani vanilla and add granola but the taste is just ok.

Thanks,
Christine

Replies

• MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Get plain and add a little honey to it. NOM!
  • elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I get an off brand of vanilla but I think I may just buy plain from now. the taste doesn't bother me at all.

You can get plain yogurt and use it in place of a lot of things http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/upload/14496030020747706_6tVjpsne_f.jpg

If you're eating it plain for a snack,
    fruit, nuts, flaxseed, chia, honey, stevia, unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut, nutella
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I get plain. I don't like flavoured. I use it mainly for my smoothies. Once they only had honey. I hated it.
  • dluechtefeld
    dluechtefeld Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Plain. Flavored has sugar - that defeats the purpose.
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like the chobani flavors a lot. the vanilla was too much for me. I havee a freind that uses the plain to cook with, to make sauces and things like that.
  • afasnacht
    afasnacht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We started eating plain because of Jillian Michaels diet plan...and we just add a tblspn of low sugar strawberry jelly...makes it much better!
  • imcatbear
    imcatbear Posts: 38
    Options
    Trader Joe's is much better than Chobani, but if it's the tang you don't like, you're out of luck.
  • fitnthinby34
    Options
    I didn't really like the Chobani vanilla either, but I love the Dannon Oikos Vanilla. I've not eaten any plain so I cannot speak to that one.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I hate the taste of plain yogurt, particularly Greek. I prefer the taste of the Oikos brand over Chobani. Sometimes I do get the flavored, other times I get the plain and add some fruit (love pineapple and or blueberries) and/or a Stevia packet.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Plain. Add honey or fruit to make it sweet. Check the label you will be shocked how much sugar is in any of the flavors.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Plain Fage + honey = NEERMMMM
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Oikos Vanilla is AMAZING!
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I get plain,fat-free Greek yogurt, and just add a bit of Stevia.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I prefer Oikos over chobanni and I don't like the plain and I love the flavored. I adore the honey. Fage has a wonderful honey. Only like pineapple and peach in the chobanni.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Plain. Much more versatile. You can add fruit and stevia or honey for a sweet treat or savory spices for dipping with veggies. Greek yogurt is sour (as yogurt is supposed to be) and you can also use the plain as a health-packed substitute for sour cream for any recipe- tacos, dips, whatever.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I get Fage Plain. I add my own stevia for sweetness/flavoring, with nuts/granola/fruit...YUM!
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It appears the Oikos has a better flavor so I will buy and try that.