What changes did you make today?

Options
guidosgal
guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
This is just a thread that I wanted to start to see what people have changed out during a meal to make it more Healthy.
Perhaps we can all get some new Ideas from it.
For example Tonight my family is having homemade hamburgers for dinner.
For mine I swapped out the bun , slice of cheese, and mayo for
Hamburger patty topped with melted laughing cow cheese and pan seared onions, garlic and cremini mushrooms done with a splash of red wine.
I figured I saved about 280 cals with this yummy simple change
Why don’t you share your changes with me :bigsmile:

Replies

• chantybear
    Options
    I am making cauliflower fried rice tonight...it is really delicious and for about half the recipe w/o meat is like 180 cal!

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipes/recipe-combo11.html
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    For Thanksgiving - I swapped out mashed potatoes for mashed cauliflower. Steamed cauliflower until super tender, seasoned with black pepper, one tablespoon of country crock, seasoning (garlic) salt and it came out yummy!!!
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    instead of having mashed potatoes or french fries with dinner i opted for 2 veggies instead!
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    When I want something sweet, which is often, I eat seedless grapes. They are sweet, yummy, and no where near the calories of a candy bar or a bag of chips! It really does curb the sweet tooth!
  • rdavis123
    Options
    McDonald's has a new menu item. Oatmeal, Hurray!!! I love it. It has fresh apples and raisins in it too. So instead of the breakfast sandwhiches that I usually get, I will eat the oatmeal everyday:bigsmile:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating both pieces of bread that I made to go with dinner (like I wanted), I only ate one and will save the other for tomorrow. It's all about the little changes :)
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    When we were traveling we ate at Sizzlers. I had vegetables instead of potato, and on the Senior menu they provide a free drink. Since I only wanted to drink water I asked if they would substitute an extra serving of veggies instead. They hadn't ever had that request before, but they did it, so I had a very nice lunch without the sweet drinks that I don't like. I'm sure it saved a bundle of calories as well!:bigsmile:
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    For Thanksgiving - I swapped out mashed potatoes for mashed cauliflower. Steamed cauliflower until super tender, seasoned with black pepper, one tablespoon of country crock, seasoning (garlic) salt and it came out yummy!!!

I've read that using mashed :happy: cauliflower instead of potatoes was a very good choice! Now with your Yummy! I'll have to be sure and give it a try.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Thanks for Sharing :flowerforyou: