Speaking of Insanity...just how many calories do you burn?

Options
Does anyone know what the average amount of calories burned during an Insanity workout? I've just been using the Tae Bo calories on MFP. Thanks in advanced. Be Blessed.

Replies

• iannalise
    iannalise Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It might be worth your while trying to pick up a reasonably priced HRM. I wouldn't of believed the burns I'm getting recently, almost double what I was logging and I think it's accurate as I have used it for lower intensity things as well and it seems responsive.

I only recently got my HRM but from this week I've burned 430 in a fit test, 586 on plyometric cardio circuit (after burning 936 on turbo fire so restricted performance) and 616 on cardio power and resistance.
  • kristianpp
    kristianpp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well i burn around 400-650 with insanity 600+ on the max interval portion and 400-500 on the others,below 350 on fit test.
    It all depends on how fit you are the more fit you are the less you will burn(im 8% body fat so i burn less even when i give it my all).
    Get a good HRM like Ianna suggested, its totally worth it
  • aldavis1967
    Options
    Well i burn around 400-650 with insanity 600+ on the max interval portion and 400-500 on the others,below 350 on fit test.
    It all depends on how fit you are the more fit you are the less you will burn(im 8% body fat so i burn less even when i give it my all).
    Get a good HRM like Ianna suggested, its totally worth it

Cool! I need to get a HRM like yesterday. Thanks everyone!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm burning between 300-600 according to HRM. Taebo will give you a higher reading
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    I haven't made it to the max cardio but I've been burning around 500 to 600 on most of the actual circuits. But I agree with finding a decently priced heart monitor!!!
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    What kind of HRM are you guys using? I only see these watch ones, which seem like a rip off because you have to touch it the entire time to see your hr and the calorie burn was way off. Anyway, looking up to you guys as some inspiration for getting through the Insanity workouts.
  • Colesmeister
    Options
    I am considering buying the Wahoo Blue HR to connect to the Wahoo Fitness App on my iPad placed in front of my TV during workouts for live HR & Calorie feedback. Think this would be a good setup but not tried yet.
  • Lizziebeth125
    Options
    There is a calculator which will allow you to work it out from your weight, length of exercise, intensity and which workout you are doing http://insanitycalories.com/