*SIGH*

Options
sharimarie
sharimarie Posts: 60 Member
I am lost. I don't know how I got this way. I don't know how to fix it. I am hoping that I find what I need here to help me get found!

Replies

• sharimarie
    Options
    I am lost. I don't know how I got this way. I don't know how to fix it. I am hoping that I find what I need here to help me get found!
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    Welcome. Well if you are here to lose weight and get some support then you are in the right place.
  • sharimarie
    Options
    Thank you! I sure hope I can loose the weight I need. I am 206 lbs and 5'3". I am tired of being tired and I am sick of being sick!
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    You can do it . Check out this post it will explain alot.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You can do this. It takes patience and the ability to jump back no matter what happens. One day at a time. Good luck
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    That's a good point. Patience no matter what happens; whether it's weight gain, weight loss, plateau, or stress you need to keep on with your exercise no matter what.

If you stop what you set out to do, you'll stop seeing progress. Keep on and you'll see results :)
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    welcome and you can do this!!!!

I know the beginning is so overwhelming, but just take baby steps and you'll see all the possibilities and your goal won't look so well overwhelming! I promise!:flowerforyou:

hugs!
    Ali
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Utahn! You've taken the (toughest) first step! Do it one day at a time and DON'T GIVE UP. Take advantage of all the tools available to you on this site and the community of support, too. You can do it!
    Julie
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    This site has been helpful to me, so far, and I'm sure it will be helpful to you!
    I bet everyone here has felt lost at one point or another...
    So everyone here will help you find yourself, just like everyone has said, one day at a time. :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Trust me, I know it seems daunting right now. It seems like it will take forever right?? Well, the good news is...right now it may seem that way, but if you just start and get going and do this, the days and weeks add up FAST. MUCH faster than you think they will.

I am down 81 lbs since September, doing it the healthy way. I just kept thinking that the time will go by anyway and I would hate that a few months down the road I was still at the weight I was rather than a lower, healthier weight. That has kept me going. Also, give yourself small goals to start with.

Eat satisfying, filling foods to help you adjust to eating fewer calories and drink a lot of water. It helps to fill you up!

Let me know if you need anything! Good luck!

Tami
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it! I started at 255 and have lost almost 70 pounds. This site is a great source of inspiration and support. If I can do this, and enjoy it, so can you! :happy:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs the first month. If you want, just log your food the first few days without changing anything. You will be amazed at how much you used to eat!

Also, the more you exercise, the more you can eat so try to take a walk or something each day.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
  • sharimarie
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouraging words and your warm welcome! :smile:
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    I know where you are coming from - I'm @ 210 and 5'4"..... but I started at 235! so take heart... (Just think, you are already 2 months ahead of me) :laugh: