Scared!

Options
Alright, i've been doing this nearly a week. Tomorrow is my very, very, very, very first weigh-in since my nightmare 'first' weigh-in on the morning of this new journey.
I was scared before that one because i had no idea what my weight was, i know what it was six years ago but since then i could have put on 100 pounds for all i knew, lol. I hadn't, as it happens but i had put on which was what i was expecting!
This second time i'll be standing on that scale is going to be even more terrifying and i'm nearly in tears of anxiety over here thinking about it. I have been working really hard (for me) this first week and i'm scared that the scale will not show a loss or worse, a gain. :brokenheart: :frown:
What were your experiences of that very first weigh-in? How much did you lose? DID you lose? Were you terrified like i am now? I have anxiety issues so this is really destroying me at the moment, i'm full of panic. I'll be so devastated if my hard work isn't reflected in those numbers and i knew this was what i'd be like, i knew i'd start obsessing over 'the numbers'...but nothing else works and i need to look at those numbers and be held accountable by them. It would just crush me if i don't get rewarded with a loss. I am desperate to know this is going in the right direction! :indifferent:

Replies

• Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I have been working really hard (for me) this first week .
    I am desperate to know this is going in the right direction! :

You've been working really hard - you're already going in the right direction
  • Big_Daddy6
    Big_Daddy6 Posts: 188
    Options
    Even if u gain the first week don't sweat it......just keep sweating. Usually takes 6 weeks to start seeing some results. It will take a long time get there. You cant see the finish line from the start. Just keep going......no matter what.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I was a little nervous at my first weigh in too. I only lost 1 pound but I did a happy dance because I saw how easy it could be just by watching what I put in my mouth. It has been an incredibly slow journey (or so it seems) just to lose the 14 lbs I've lost but it can be done! It may take a while to start losing too so even if after the first week you don't like the numbers keep it up and maybe weigh every other week instead of every week.

Also get out a measuring tape and take your measurements. If you are working out remember muscle weighs more than fat in that you may start gaining weight but start losing inches. (Obviously a pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle but you get the point).

If you are losing inches that in itself should help you if the scale doesn't want to move much.
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    I lost SEVEN pounds!!!!!! OMG i was so scared, lol. Now i'm just proud. =)
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I feel a lot of use have scale fear. If you haven't taken your measurements I suggest doing that today and keep doing them. Keep a record b/c sometimes when you don't lose as much as we wanted or thought you should have the inches that come off are what will give you the motivation to keep going. It will also remind you of where you were and where you are going.

You had a great week, keep up the hard work and it will pay off.

One other thing I will add is for every mg of sodium you eat try and eat 2 or 3 mg of potassium. That will keep you from getting muscle cramps and help eliminate bloating (water weight)
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

YAY!!! Nice job! Keep it up!!!!!!
  • Pinknspooky
    Pinknspooky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yeay 7lb down way to go!

Dont be scared of the scales and keep it up you are doing awsome xx
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options

That is a great first weigh in! I found that taking measurements helps as well. You may not always see a change on the scale as you build muscle but you will see changes in the way your body shape adjusts. Good luck sweets! You seem like you a have a great attitude. As an anxiety sufferer myself, I understand that it can get the best of you, but you are in the right place to stay focused. Feel free to add me! I have 104 lbs to lose to my ultimate goal so I am more than happy to be a sounding board!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Congrats!! That's some real motivation to make this next week just as great! Keep up the great work!
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!

Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!!
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    Thanks everyone, thanks for being lovely and for supporting me. :smile:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

Nicely done.

Now don't be disappointed when you don't continue to lose 7 lbs/week.
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    Way to go! Thats amazing! Your hard work is def going to pay off! Like another poster said, you can't see the finish line from the start, keep going no matter what!! You have every right to be very proud of yourself!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options

I am NOT trying to pop your bubble..but don't get used to that much each week! There will be weeks where you only see 1 lb.. or .08 or something like that! It isn't a bad thing..

You are doing very good already, keep it going!! =)
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Kaylee - When you hit your goal you are going to be such an inspiration to so many other people. Without question you will be a hero of mine!
  • Poowa58
    Poowa58 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Great job!!! You will do this!!
  • blg5
    blg5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Breath!! You will do just fine :)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it.
    I weigh in every day, and when the scale dips down a pound from the last weigh in, I record it.
    No drama - no stress - no waiting
    I lose a pound every 6 to 9 days - no big deal!
    This is not life or death; it's just a number.
    You should also check body fat monthly as well - here for free:
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
    Calm down and just enjoy the process.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    So I know this is easier said than done but......... GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD. you know you are doing the right thing. You will be fine. Go do something fun and stay out of your head. It can be a dangerous place. Good luck with your journey.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

What were your experiences of that very first weigh-in? How much did you lose? DID you lose?

I lost absolutely nothing that first week. Was I depressed? No. Was I disappointed? A bit. Did I throw my hands up and say F it? No.

So what DID I do? I reevaluated my plan, made some adjustments and the next week I did lose. The following week, I didnt lose. The next week, I did.

So you may have different results. But if you are going to be terrified of not losing, its going to be a tough road. You will have weeks where the scale wont move. The scale is only ONE measurement of success. Your body measurements are another. How your clothes fit is another. Dont worship the scale. Its just a tool. YOU have the brain....YOU have the power....not that little machine. Good luck!!!