How do you stay motivated?

Options
Ive only been going to the gym for 2 weeks but I've only lost about 3lbs. At first i was not tracking my food but since i got introduced to this website it has been helping me better with my food intake. I'm looking to lose 50lbs and i want to lose it before next summer. I have NO patience what so ever. I have been going to the gym anyway though. How do you stay motivated?

Replies

• mistressmambo
    mistressmambo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's something I want really bad so I push myself to workout every day (resting 1 day). plus... I've lost almost 50lbs already so that's big motivation for me. I'm also a part of a fitness support group on FB that encourages me to push play every day :) Good Luck... add me as a friend if you want :)
  • Crystalworrall44
    Crystalworrall44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Look at pics of my "goal" in women then remind myself it will take hard work and dedication to get there.
  • RachaelAnn32
    RachaelAnn32 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's something I want really bad so I push myself to workout every day (resting 1 day). plus... I've lost almost 50lbs already so that's big motivation for me. I'm also a part of a fitness support group on FB that encourages me to push play every day :) Good Luck... add me as a friend if you want :)

Good for you!! 50lbs is awesome! How long did it take you?
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I always think about how much better I feel now and all the energy I have. I also ALWAYS remember how tired I was of being tired all the time. You can add me as a friend if you like. I am on every day and love adding new folks! Good luck on your journey.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    My sources of motivation:

1. I refuse to "upsize" my pants. For the rest of my life.

2. I enjoy feeling energetic and strong every day, which makes me want to get even stronger.

3. I like looking at my reflection now and will do everything in my power every day to protect that.

Don't lose heart and don't give up. Health and fitness aren't mere hobbies. Keep at it one step at a time. Make small, reachable goals for yourself. Try one new healthy food a week. Experiment with different exercises. Be creative.

Best of luck! :)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Being Healthy, watching a friend of mine (late 20s) have a heart attack made me rethink everything about my eating and exercising habits. Also seeing the results and having people point it out as you progress is very nice.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My husband has diabetes. 3 of my 4 siblings have diabetes. I don't want to be a slave to insulin. I don't want to spend my hard earned money when I'm older on drugs to combat a series of illnesses brought about by overeating and neglecting my body. I'm far to lazy to spend time running from doctor appointment to doctor appointment. This is for the long haul.

Plus, cotton candy only has about 125 calories for an entire bag. Just because you're eating better doesn't mean that you can never have a treat again. Everything in moderation.
  • ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss for starts! Everyone's body is different, maybe switch it up a little bit or take a closer look at what you're eating see if that makes a difference.

How do I stay motivated? I have a jaw line again, my clothes fit better, I have more energy. Those are just a few to keep me going. It is hard at first, the first few weeks I was ready to quit. Now when I feel lazy, I look back at some pictures from me at my heaviest (well over 200lbs) and that is enough to get my *kitten* in gear!

You have to really want it, and really want to do it for yourself in order to succeed.
  • girlonfire15
    girlonfire15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The quote "don't give up what you want most for what you want now" really helps me get through some of the harder days. Although I'm not really that heavy (145 lbs at 5'7", but I've got a bad fat/muscle ratio and carry the weight poorly) and I'm in decent shape, I'm really tired of the mediocrity. I want to be ridiculously fit and have a body that I'm not afraid to show off by the time I hit 20. I want that A LOT more than I want to watch this TV show or go to Burger King.