Hi protein low calorie foods

Options
schaapj2
schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
All you MFpers out there,,,,I need your help.....

Give me some low calorie high protein foods.....I am trying to eat at least 100g of protein daily but having a hard time with getting all that in and staying under calories.....even more, trying to stay away from all the processed meat....give me some good ideas please!?

Replies

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Tofu, fish, chicken breast. There may be some other options people have mentioned if you search for lean protein sources.
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Shrimp
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm a gluten free vegan and the only way I've found manageable with both calories and protein is protein powder--28 g for 130 calories.
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    egg whites
    chicken/turkey/fish
    cottage cheese
    greek yogurt
  • mamafivetimes
    mamafivetimes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have trouble getting the protein in that my nutritionist suggests so I use Syntrax, as protein supplements go it's not so bad. You can mix it with a smoothie, milk or just water.
  • nathanas85
    nathanas85 Posts: 19
    Options
    egg whites are super! low fat cottage cheese, or even plain greek yogurt.

You can mix in whey protein in with greek yogurt for a nice protein intake
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Tuna,
    u decide if that's low cal or not,,,
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Fat free cream cheese . . . see what I had for a snack today, it was good. You can put some in dates or prunes, whatever. It's a great tool, and it's loaded with calcium too !!!!

Ruth
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Salmon
    Lean hamburger
    Quinoa
    Swiss cheese (low cal AND low sodium)
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Tuna
    Salmon
    chicken

best low cal - egg whites or egg beaters.
  • MySantaigo
    Options
    I saw someone suggested shrimp. While I agree, it is a good source of protein. Many farmed shrimps/prawns are actually quite unhealthy (ie toxic) because of the way it is produced. I avoid farmed shrimp. I've worked in fisheries and have learned quite a bit about all the toxins that go into shrimp and it's not nice.

Here is a website that can help you make good choices about seafood. http://apps.edf.org/page.cfm?tagID=1521

once on that page you can select "how our ratings work" to understand their standards.

I also struggle to get enough protein. I do use protein powder and sometimes just make myself drink it with water because over the years, I have tried it so many ways and never really like it. So if I drink down, quickly with water...I can save calories for something else I enjoy :)

good eggs...egg whites are a great source of protein, that and lean natural chicken breast. Beans? they offer fiber, protein and carbs all in one. lol.
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My favorite easy protein shake... Body Fortress chocolate (cheap and smooth when mixed) + 1 cup of low carb Krogers/Frys yogurt, your flavor choice. Strawberry and vanilla both taste great. blend with a little ice.

200 total calories, 8 carbs, 4 fat, 34 protein. This is breakfast at least a couple days a week.
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I mix my protein powder with non-fat greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is higher in protein than regular yogurt and certain brands are higher than others. Fage, Chobani and Oikos are the ones higher in protein that I've found.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    All you MFpers out there,,,,I need your help.....

Give me some low calorie high protein foods.....I am trying to eat at least 100g of protein daily but having a hard time with getting all that in and staying under calories.....even more, trying to stay away from all the processed meat....give me some good ideas please!?
    You can view my diary if you want. I try to get 140 + grams of protein a day.

:flowerforyou:
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm a gluten free vegan and the only way I've found manageable with both calories and protein is protein powder--28 g for 130 calories.

Hey, what protein powder is that? x
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Protein powder mixed with 0% greek yogurt.
    MMMM goood!
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Gluten free vegan?! What CAN you eat?
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You can have a whole can of tuna for 100 cals and 27 grams of protein. Egg whites! Omelets are not just for breakfast!
  • lizzy00125
    lizzy00125 Posts: 138
    Options
    Greek Yogurt and Black beans end up being a good source of my protein.
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Tuna is pure protein basically. 30g of protein in a 120 calories portion, with 4 cals per protein, all accounted for :p

Depending how low cal you want, milk is actually not that bad. ~9g for 100 cals. Nice base for smoothies.

Or, if you want a treat, fat free greek yogurt for smoothies base. ~18g protein, 100 cals. And if that one is not filling, nothing is :p