atkins induction and exercise

Options
so i've kind of fallen back to some old habits and am considering going back to induction starting monday for 2 weeks. when i was on atkins a year ago, i wasnt exercising at all. on induction, you are only supposed to eat 20 net carbs. how does exercise effect this and vice versa.

Replies

• LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    When I was doing atkins...during my workouts I noticed my endurance was pretty low. My trainer told me to drink a protein shake with carbs before the workout and after..it did not effect my Ketosis state.
  • bigbrownbear123
    Options
    When you're on a low-carb diet your strength will likely be reduced. You may find your lifting capacity has decreased.

As far as I know though, endurance activities like cardio are generally not adversely affected by such a diet.
  • JustMaxine55
    JustMaxine55 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    the first couple of days on Induction, my energy level was pretty low and it was difficult to get thru my workouts. But when my body started using fat for energy, things got a lot better. Just make sure your fat intake is high. That's what your body burns instead of carbs for energy.
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just make sure your fat intake is high.

This.
    If you don't have a high enough fat intake while in ketosis you can die. (srs)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation

Your macros should be 65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs.

Try to make most of the carbs you eat come from vegetables.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Just make sure your fat intake is high.

This.
    If you don't have a high enough fat intake while in ketosis you can die. (srs)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation

Your macros should be 65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs.

Try to make most of the carbs you eat come from vegetables.
    Really???

I have two work out classes booked for this week and I have just started phase 1. hmm