Wanting new recipes

Options
Im still kinda new to this site and Im wanting some new healthy recipes. Is there any kind of snack thats healthy for you that I can try? Ive got a long way to go almost 50lbs and I dont want to break this I want to keep it up. Any help would be appreciative. Add me so we can help each other.

Replies

• SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Invest in Joseph's Flax Tortillas! I'm obsessed with them ! You can do so many different things. They are only 70 calories.

My favorite things include some lettuce. tomato. french's honey mustard and some lean meat like chicken or turkey. Also I love it with some 100 calorie snack pack guacamole and pico del gallo it add up to about 170 calories for both of these things

Also this is good with them
    4 oz cream cheese softened
    3 Tbsp. Your favorite Salsa
    1/2 cup Mexican Style Cheese
    1/4 tsp. chili powder
    4 (6 inch) flour tortillas
    INSTRUCTIONS

Mix philadelphia cream cheese and salsa; spread onto tortillas. Top with remaining ingredients.
    Roll up tortillas tightly. Cut each crosswise into 5 slices
    The salads I make often for lunch are about 300 calories...I use 1/2 cup of corn (60 cal) (i like market pantrysuper sweet), 1/2 cup black beans (i like bush's- 102 calories ) seasoned with taco seasoning (this can also be substituted for a black bean veggie burger, nature promise is my fav=100 calories) some avacado or guacamole and mexican cheese if you please...super good! I

Almonds are also great

hummus and carrots...i Like tribe hummus!

Also try replacing bread with things like tomatoes, lettuce and cucumbers it helps save a bunch of calories and is really good!

As for specific low calorie recipes here are a few...
    Shepard's Pie, Lightened Up
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 10.5 oz • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 7 pts
    Calories: 290.5 • Fat: 11.1 g • Protein: 16.8 g • Carb: 31.5 g • Fiber: 4.9 g

Potatoes:
    1-1/2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, diced
    3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
    2 tbsp fat free sour cream
    salt and pepper
    paprika
    Filling:
    1 lb 95% lean ground beef
    1 tsp oil
    1 medium onion, diced
    1 celery stalk, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, diced
    8 oz mushrooms, diced
    10 oz frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, green beans, baby lima beans)
    2 tbsp flour
    1 cup fat free beef broth
    2 tsp tomato paste
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1 tsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves
    1 tsp freshly chopped thyme leaves
    salt and pepper

Boil potatoes in water until cooked and soft. Drain and mash with chicken broth, sour cream, salt and pepper.

Preheat oven to 400°.

In a large saute pan brown meat. Season with salt and pepper. When cooked, set aside on a plate. Discard any fat in the pan, add oil, onion and garlic and sauté on medium heat about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and celery and sauté another 3-4 minutes. Add flour, salt and pepper and mix well. Add frozen vegetables, beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, thyme, chopped meat and mix well. Simmer on low about 5-10 minutes.

Spread the meat mixture on the bottom of a 11x7 glass baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes, using a fork to scrape the top to make ridges and sprinkle with paprika. Bake 20 minutes or until potatoes turn golden. Remove from oven and let it cool 10-15 minutes before serving.

---
    Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 194.7 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 24.2 g • Carb: 7.2 g • Fiber: 1.5 g

8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
    1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
    6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
    5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
    6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
    6 oz part skim mozzarella (I used Polly-O)
    olive oil non-stick spray (I use my Misto)
    1 cup pomodoro sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
    salt and pepper to taste

Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.

Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.

Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.

Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.

Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil.

Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.

Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.

Low-fat Chicken Enchiladas
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 enchilada • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 159.5 • Fat: 5.9 g • Protein: 16.2 g • Carb: 17.8 g • Fiber: 8.3 g

Ingredients:

For the sauce:
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1-2 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
    1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
    1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
    kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
    For the chicken:
    1 tsp vegetable oil
    8.5 oz (2 breast halves) cooked shredded chicken breast
    1 cup diced onion
    2 large clove garlic, minced
    1/4 cup cilantro
    kosher salt
    1 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp chipotle chili powder
    1/3 cup chicken broth
    1/2 cup tomato sauce
    8 (7-inch) reduced carb whole wheat flour tortillas (la tortilla factory)
    1 cup shredded low fat Mexican cheese
    non-stick cooking spray
    1/2 cup chopped scallions or cilantro for topping

Directions:

In a medium saucepan, spray oil and sauté garlic. Add chipotle chiles, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic on low until soft, about 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt, cilantro, cumin, oregano, chili powder, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

Spray a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Put 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it.

Place on baking dish seam side down, top with sauce and cheese

Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes. Top with low fat sour cream or scallions if you wish. (Extra points) Makes 8 enchiladas.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Check out Skinny Taste.com...that site has made me love veggies lol. Lots of family friendly recipe that your kids will like too which will help keep you on the beam. I make lots of recipes off that site...and they've all been bangin good!
  • Pfeiffer24
    Pfeiffer24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Depends what brands you use and chicken u use.. but here is a great snack/meal

spring roll wrappers (or egg roll wrappers)
    chicken boiled and shredded
    Small amount of your favorite bbq sauce

Mix chicken and bbq...
    Use water to wet edges of spring roll
    Add to spring roll.. folding sidez also..
    Spray with pam on both sides
    Oven at 450 for 20 min.

Tastes delicious
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! The recipes the girl posted above me are from that site I just mentioned!
  • DebraZ2012
    DebraZ2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you like ice cream, there is some ice cream bars made by Skinny Cow and they are only 100 calories. They are heaven.......one of my fav snacks. Chips and salsa are also a low calorie snack. Salsa is only 10 calories for 2 tablespoons and I use the mission corn chips and you can have 14 chips and its only 140 calories.
  • Cmnielson
    Cmnielson Posts: 2
    Options
    pumpkin pie fake out 110 calories- serves 4
    1 can large pumpkin puree
    1 box sugar free vanilla pudding
    1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    topping- 1 small square gram cracker
    1tbs light cool wip
    -mix it all together and top with gram cracker and cool whip
    gives you energy with the b vitamins and is a good filling sweet treat
    works great for night shift breakfasts on the run

scallops and veggies
    3-4 oz scallops defrosted (small or large work)
    2/3 cup mediteranian veggies frozen (target has them)
    1 tsp butter
    1/2 a lemon juiced
    1 tsp prepared garlic
    get a non stick pan hot enough where it starts to smoke without oil in in. spray with pam and put in scallops 2-4 mins each side enough to get a good sear. quickly add butter, garlic, and squeeze the 1/2 lemon. making a quick sauce
    searve over steamed veggies and salt/pepper to taste.
    around 190 calories and so darn good.