Victory #1

Options
traumacode3
traumacode3 Posts: 32 Member
I recently started working out at the wellness center next to the hospital. I am doing a 12 week program called Lose To Live. During the 12 weeks I made the decision to also combine the program with counseling. Well I just completed week number one working with my personal trainer, and weeks two with my dietician and psychologist. Today when I got on the scale, I had dropped 10 pounds in one week! My trainer gave me several smiles and gave me a high five. Every day since I started this program it has been recommended that I do daily positive affirmation so because of today's nice accomplishment my affirmation is: "I can do this and every day that muscle called courage gets stronger!"

Replies

• AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! You should be so proud of yourself!

I'm proud of you and I don't even know you!! :drinker:
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely right! So proud of you!!!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WTG you are doing great keep it up!!!!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    That is a victory! You're going about this in every right way possible. Congratulations!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • colonial96
    colonial96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making a life change - we're rooting for you!
  • dup32
    dup32 Posts: 68
    Options
    Congrats.. wishing you many many more victories.. Love your affirmation too..
  • Talarspeed
    Talarspeed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love your approach with a the use of a dietician, psychologist and a trainer! A lot of support there!
  • simplyme99
    simplyme99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    SO smart of you to get that kind of support! Congrats on making great decisions, and good luck on your journey!!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Well...there ya go!! :drinker: so happy for you! :flowerforyou:
  • traumacode3
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL for your kind words and encouragement. I really appreciate it. To tell you about me...I am 33 years old. I work full time in 911 communications and volunteer as an EMT. At the end of May, I was showing signs that I was having a heart attack. When I went to the doctor (because I am stubborn and refused to go to the Emergency Room) they did an EKG which came back showing "Abnormal Inferior Infarct". I was direct admitted into the hospital on the cardiac floor for observation and before I could leave the next day I was running on the treadmill. I clearly remember that was a Wednesday at the end of the month in May and by Friday of that same week I had made a decision to give up fast food and soda. I have now been a month a half without fast food, have not have fried food, cut my carbs in half if not more, and don’t eat fried foods. I have taken a leave of absence from my duties as an EMT to get my health back in order. It was recommended that I do a program called "Lose to Live" which is 12 weeks long. I am working closely with dieticians and exercise physiologists from Duke and meet with them at least once a week. I am being held accountable because when I do well, it makes them look good! I told my trainer that I am working with today that this isn’t about anyone but me. My weight won’t kill her, or this person, or that person, ultimately it will kill me and its time I do something about it. She told me that I am determined and focused and when she pushes me, I never once want to give up or quit on her. It may hurt but I keep going and want more...what is the military saying...”Drill Sgt...We like it, we love it, and we want some more of it"...or something like that. At any rate, I decided to combine this program with mental health counseling. I think it’s important to understand why we eat sometimes like we do. Do we eat out of emotion or some underlying cause? That isn’t the only thing I am focusing on though in counseling. I am focusing on healing old wounds and working on self-image and self-esteem issues as well as personal relationship issues. I thought this would be a good approach and everyone that I am working with right now seems to agree. I have said the next 12 weeks is all about me and the focus is on me. Once again I want to say thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. I hope you all continue to reach your weight loss goals. Remain focused and it will happen! You guys are more than welcome to add me if you want and we can be a source of motivation for each other as well. Take care!
  • traumacode3
    Options
    Thank you! That means alot!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!