switch from WW to fitness pal

Options
Made the switch starting from WW starting today...cant wait to see results in a week. :love:

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I switched from WW to MFP in April. Lost 14 lbs on MFP from Jan-April then proceeded to lose 8.5 lbs in 5 weeks on MFP. I definitely prefer dealing with real calories, protein, carbs, fat grams etc.

Welcome!
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I also did the switch! Welcome!
  • Lorifngus
    Lorifngus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just made the switch as well... I like seeing the calories and nutrients I have eaten. Plus I like dealing with actual calories burned during workouts. :)
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've swapped too. No difference yet but it's only been a week!
  • sillygoose03
    Options
    Welcome! I made the switch about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It's taken some adjusting because I'm so used to thinking in terms of points and not calories but I'm getting there. Feel free to add me as a friend, perhaps we can encourage each other as we continue on our journey. :)
  • MauC25K
    MauC25K Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I made this switch last month, after going back and forth for a couple of years. I think now I'm here to stay ... good luck to you! :smile:
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    AND IT'S FREE!
  • Wuisyb
    Wuisyb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I too made the switch. My twelve year daughter who has the body of a model told me about MFP. I joined on theth of June 30th and I am enjoying tracking my foods. With WW I found it too cumbersome and tedious. I have the app on both my Apple products and find it very easy to log my food & exercise. I am praying to lose 40 pounds by December. If you're a prayer warrior please be in prayer for me. God bless your endeavors as well.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Made the switch starting from WW starting today...cant wait to see results in a week. :love:

I did the same too :)
    And much more enjoying this site xxx
  • ichellebereel
    ichellebereel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I too made the switch. My twelve year daughter who has the body of a model told me about MFP. I joined on the 4th of July and I am enjoying tracking my foods. With WW I found it too cumbersome and tedious. I have the app on both my Apple products and find it very easy to log my food & exercise. I am praying to lose 40 pounds by December. If you're a prayer warrior please be in prayer for me. God bless your endeavors as well.

Yes dear, we will defeat his weight and I and touching and in agreement with you because I know I will lose at least twenty pounds by October!
  • ichellebereel
    ichellebereel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I switched as well and I am enjoying MFP so much better!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Well, if your settings are right, it should come to 1 pound.
    Just think of where you'll be in a year :drinker:
  • naughtyfushsia_wechnaged
    Options
    dont like ww 1 little bit, when i stayed same or put on a pound i felt like an outcast and got stern talking too and felt crap afterwards, no motivation etc, and paying a fiver a go did piss me off when i didnt get the support, with mfp im actually loosing and all because of the people on ma bud list leaving encouraging comments and have a giggle with it too, wish i found this site years ago lol
  • vanessagardner01
    vanessagardner01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I too have been on weight watchers and kept getting stuck. Then I'd put weight on again and a vicious cycle would commence. Last year I went to America on holiday - ate too much and came home to a major extension. Had no kitchen for over 6 weeks so we were eating really unhealthy prepared microwave meals and then stuffing ourselves. The kitchen was fitted about 7 weeks before Xmas and I failed to get on the scales as I thought anything I lost before Xmas I'd put back on!

Had a great Christmas stood on the scales Mid Jan and was the heaviest I've ever been at 172lbs..I'm 5"4. MFP has been a lifestyle change. I exercise every day whether its walking or riding the fitness bike we have upstairs. I can't do Gyms due to knee problems but this has really worked for me.

Went away in April and put on about 4 lbs whilst I was away which I then had to lose again and have had some hormone issues after having had a coil fitted but on Friday I was under my target and have lost 25.4lbs and I'm now 146.8 lbs.

I feel so much better and I now want to get to 140lbs but I know it will happen gradually. The key thing here is adjusting your lifestyle. We eat what we want to eat. Great home-cooked food, chocolate, wine BUT I meal plan the week before, we eat during the week and treat ourselves on Fri/Sat/Sun so it balances over the week. MFP is the best thing to happen to us.

My husband has lost 39lbs and is looking amazing...he wasn't looking too bad before as he's 6"2 and carried it well but its been a massive help that he uses MFP too.

The moral of this tale is if you want to keep it off lose it slower and don't give up on the weeks you don't lose anything - keep the changes going and it will work for you!

Inches Lost:

Neck : 1.5
    Waist: 2
    Hips: 2.5
    Bust: 2.5

By the way I'm 41 and have had 2 C Sections so I'm hoping that belly will go down a bit more!

Good luck everyone keep the effort up as I promise you it is worth it. :):smile:
  • NittanyLion95
    Options
    I used WW for most of my loss, but I am using MFP for maintenance. I still go to weigh in once a month since I am lifetime and don't need to pay, but I needed that accountability to someone other than me. I like the calorie counting better, but I was eating slightly better on WW because I would eat a lot more fruits and veggies since they were "free." I do like MFP though. Hopefully you'll find that it works well for you too!
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    I too was a WW who has joined MFP. My opinion, you learn a lot of good things with WW and it works but just not for me. I love MFP because first it is FREE :tongue: second if you have the right friends, it is a much better support group than WW. The way this program is set up, it is very user friendly. I have lost 10 pounds since on here. Plateaued out right now but I have realized my problem I think and am working on that. You definitely get out of this site what you put into it. Welcome to the site and add me if you like.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    My wife has tried both, and has good success with WW. Me, I'm a tinkerer, and need to manage the data more.
    Good luck to you here, I hope it works out like it does for me!
  • susanfrancis40
    susanfrancis40 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I switched on Monday. I was going up and down with WW and am currently 1.5 stone heavier than when I started it last year!! I have used MFP for 6 days now and love it!!! It has made me WANT to exercise!!??? I am looking forward to my weigh-in on Monday to see the results of my week.
  • thinteacher
    Options
    I've switched also. I quit WW last year and then earnestly started counting calories about 3 weeks ago. My tracker doesn't show a loss yet as I was on another site but have lost about 6 lbs so far. I'm 59 and have thyroid disease so this will be a long journey. Since I'm new, I am looking for supportive friends....if you would like to add me, I would love it.
  • T_Marie4
    T_Marie4 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I also tried WW and it just didn't work out for me - I did lose a little weight initially, but gained it back and I just couldn't stick to the plan. I very much prefer to use MFP! I love the online support from MFP community and it's super easy to use. Maybe it's a new determination to be healthy that makes this seem to work better for me, but I honestly didn't LOVE WW like I do MFP.