Confession Time

Options
Ok, i joined, had too much going on, a lot of stress, work, personal, etc. Couldn't keep up with my tracking and (double whammy) was eating my stress. I'm starting over NOW! In the middle of the day! Not waiting until Monday. Not waiting until tomorrow! I know I've put on a few pounds (my pants are telling me anyway), so tomorrow morning I'll get on the scale and update my profile (or wherever it is that I posted my weight). Since I've always weighed in the morning, I will wait until tomorrow on that! But, as for my food and exercise, I'm starting over now. I'm home, working on a lot of different things today, and it's too easy to start snacking, so every time I want to munch, I'm vowing to get on the computer first! Thanks for being there for me!

Replies

• cberridge1987
    Options
    Good on you! It's so easy to fall off the wagon and 'put off until tomorrow what you can do today' you've got a great attitude! From one person on her second time round to another - good luck!
  • starringmelissa
    Options
    I also dealt with a lot of stress recently and had to restart. My restart day is today too! I hope your journey treats you well and you reach your goals! :)
  • Raseac11
    Raseac11 Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks, Melissa! You can be my restart twin!
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you're doing the best you can and that's a good thing.
  • ReinaLorenz
    ReinaLorenz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am proud of you for starting today....so many people say I can't start any change till Monday!...why wait...good luck to you....we are here for you!!!
  • b2bJo
    b2bJo Posts: 1
    Options
    I hit a bit of a bumpy patch the last few weeks, with being ill and stressing too, so tomorrow I am getting back on the straight and narrow. I'm going to try calorie counting as I feel I need a change of approach. Good luck this time around!
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    good luck everyone
  • HendryL
    HendryL Posts: 5
    Options
    Good for you! I too am getting back on track today. I am going to Zumba tonight and I logged my food today. My pants are begging me to do something. : ) I am sorry to say I gained 10 pounds since I stopped logging. So it's time to focus and make it happen AGAIN. Welcome back. We can do it!
  • glamouritz64
    glamouritz64 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What a great attitude! That's half the battle right there!!!

I have a friend who keeps talking about losing weight, but just keeps getting bigger and bigger (she's up to a size 26). I asked her to sign up for MFP with me so we could do this together, and she gave me EVERY excuse she could think of.

If a person isn't MENTALLY ready for getting fit and healthy, it's an impossible battle to win. GOOD FOR YOU!
  • Raseac11
    Raseac11 Posts: 41
    Options
    Wow, thank you all for the encouraging words! It really keeps me psyched! I feel like my head is in a good place.

And, Glamouritz64, I know what you mean about not being mentally ready. Gee, how many times have I been there!

HendryL, I understand! I think I put on about 5 lbs!
  • Wuisyb
    Wuisyb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Some say it's good to lose weight with friends for accountability but I find my friends are not as motivated & consistent with their weight loss desires. They also come up with excuses. Well, I say, "the show must go on!"