Best protein powder?

Options
13»

Replies

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have taken so many proteins from GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc. I finished a big tub of Gold Standard Whey and didn't see any gains, so I actually went out on to a limb and tried out the Body Fortress Whey ISOLATE protein from Walmart $21.

I saw that a lot of people have just been using the normal "Super Advanced Whey Protein Vanilla $14 Has creatine" the "Isolate" is MUCH better. I have seen awesome gains in weights. The Isolate does NOT have any Creatine, which is what I was looking for, because I don't want to hold water. I take one scoop pre workout (hour before) and two scoops after my workout. I kind of tastes like protein Pina Colada. I sometimes mix it with Oatmeal, Greek Yogurt, etc. it mixes well with everything. I have no side effects and almost done with half a tub. 60g protein per 2 scoops.

Well im sorry to tell you creatine makes you hold water so your taking the wrong supplement. I use gaspari myofusion protein blend that has no creatine and have got lots of gains....no product will give you muscles, nutrition and lifting heavy does that getting the protein and food in you need does the rest.
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I get what's cheap, tastes good, dissolves nice, and has 20+gr of protein/1 scoop. Low sugar.
    I get mine at SAMS for $18/2lbs...... the same thing costs $50!!! at GNC!!!..rippers!!
  • kevglu
    kevglu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Isopure Zero Carb Cookies and Cream is awesome. 200 calories, 50 grams of protein and no carbs... It doesn't get much better.
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition :) And I don't think I'll be switching yet

Tried their Hydrowhey, its the best tasting for me! But its kinda pricey, so I just switched back to ON Gold standard :D
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Bump....To check out later

Right now I just use Six Star Triple Chocolate from Walmart - Cost $18 for 2lbs and has 30g protein per scoop and 8g carbs and
    1g sugar...To me it tastes just like chocolate milk when mixed with skim or 1% milk....I like it..

ETA: Changed the numbers for carbs and sugar..
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kraj8995
    kraj8995 Posts: 28
    Options
    Whether you need a hydrolysed casein formula or a WPI, our range of recovery supplements and whey products are among the very best protein powder .
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • addict3
    addict3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pro Performance Extreme 60 for me. I love this stuff! It's pricey, but I buy it when they run buy one get one half off and that helps. It tastes great and is a very fine powder, mixes extremely well.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I do not lean on supplements as a general rule and do not much trust these companies to deliver a quality product that matches the fancy label claims. If man makes it, don't eat it.
    So, I am NOT real into supplements. Whole food nutrition is best - no argument there.
    When I need to make a smoothie, I mix milk, fresh fruit and greek yogurt.
    Those powders?
    You don't know what you're really getting.
    Just my opinion.....:bigsmile:
  • 7months
    7months Posts: 10
    Options
    Kaizen Naturals Whey Protein Isolate in Vanilla Ice Cream. No artificial sweeteners. Delicious.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    I'm all about taste. My favs are: Premier Nutrition, EAS CarbAdvantage, Optimum Nutrition and Pro Performance. First 2 you can get at Sam's Club the last two at GNC. All are very tasty, all are whey (EAS has some soy and ON has a casien formula too).

I can't make myself choke down the gross tasting ones anymore now that I have found some tasty ones. The above are like drinking milkshakes and all are low carb and all but EAS are 20+ grams of protein.
    What are these exactly, ive seen them in shops but im not sure what they are, can they be used to eat more protein and cut carbs?

Hi, and sorry if you've already received an answer to this. Protein powders are a handly way to increase protein while controlling both carb and fat content in your diet. They should be used as supplements - as in, not your primary source of daily protein - but they're great to use in post-workout recovery drinks, and, if you're trying to get in a lot of protein every day (and don't have room in your stomach for 38 chicken breasts), they're almost the only way to go.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    i wouldn't suggest protein powder I'm no physical trainer or expert but you can lose the weight just by eating healthy and exercise don't waste money on something that may not even work just a tip. There are lots of foods that you can eat that have tons of protein like grilled chicken and eggs although be careful both have chlosetrol and should be consumed in moderation.

can't speak for everyone, but i'm looking to up my protein intake while keeping my cals within my budget. for me the protein is for muscle building, not weight loss.

This is a god point. I know the site BodyBuilding.com provides the 'cost per serving' when they show you a list of any of their products, including protein. You can do a sort on this column, and see the cheapest ones first. It doesn't have brands like CVS, or course, but that site has pretty much every major brand out there.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    i wouldn't suggest protein powder I'm no physical trainer or expert but you can lose the weight just by eating healthy and exercise don't waste money on something that may not even work just a tip. There are lots of foods that you can eat that have tons of protein like grilled chicken and eggs although be careful both have chlosetrol and should be consumed in moderation.

If you're trying to get in a lot of protein - say, over 200 grams a day - it's almost impossible to eat enough food to make your goal without supplementing.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    I just realized I never answered my own question. Although it's pricey, my big favorite is Isoflex Whey Protein Isolate. It has BCAAs and creatine and glutamine. I get the chocolate, and I just love it.

Because it's no expensive, I'm also experimenting with some others. ON's Gold Standard Vanilla Ice Cream is well on its way to being my regular, but overall, I'm more of a chocolate guy. The Isoflex is just too $$ for me to plow through it the way I do.
  • uzit_13
    uzit_13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I use Interactive Nutrition Unflavoured ISO Whey. Because it's unflavoured, I can add it to ANYTHING and not worry about it altering the flavour of what I'm eating.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I like Aria protein for women because it is a mixed of whey and not-too-much soy.

I also like Absolute Whey because it doesn't have a taste and blends into my smoothies well.