How often should I stand on the scale?

Options
And what is the best time?

Replies

• CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Morning, after you go to the toilet. Once a week, more than that and I tend to obsess.
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm the same! Once a week, in the morning after going to the bathroom :)
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Entirely up to you!

I weigh every day, first thing in the morning :-))
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Once a week is enough....

I weight after loo and before food, naked.....Each Monday morning...........
  • leslieirving1970
    leslieirving1970 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once per week, on a Monday morning, as soon as i have gone to bathroom. Its tempting to weigh yourself more but I have learned how my bodyweight goes up and down, during the week and how that broke my spirit! If you weigh yourself religiously on the same day and time, you do get a more accurate idea on how you are doing.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Morning, after you use the bathroom. How often doesn't matter, as long as you don't obsess.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Every day, 1st thing in the morning. A little obsessive, but with this scale telling me exactly to the ounce what I weigh, it does discourage me from hopping off and on all day, since I won't weigh less than I did in the morning unless I weighed myself, went straight back to sleep without drinking any water, and then woke up and weighed myself again.

Which of course I've done a few times, being, as I said, somewhat obsessive. It's amazing how much we dehydrate when we sleep. At least I think that's why the scale can show a pound or so difference in four hours.
  • meanemma86
    meanemma86 Posts: 68
    Options
    i am trying to just weigh myself once a week as i was weighing myself every day and getting a tad obsessed. so my husband has hidden the scales for me and i am just going to weigh myself first thing on a friday morning :)
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    whenever you want

but a camera is a much more useful tool for keeping track of losses.

Same room, same lighting, same poses. You will see results there that my never show on a scale.
  • wwpecker
    wwpecker Posts: 13
    Options
    Once a week - Sunday before lunch and after gym.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    as often as you like unless you are prone to hysterics when you see up and down fluctuations
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Anytime you are craving naughty foods, LOL
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think every 2 weeks is good in the morning after using the bathroom. I think the body can still be a little off within a week or people start to obsess. I don't know for sure, just assuming based on my experience and "knowledge" !

Its 4:15am, I meant : Body weight can still be little off within a week*
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    as often as you like unless you are prone to hysterics when you see up and down fluctuations

I figure a little hysterics now and then burns calories.
  • 43andnewme
    Options
    once a week, first thing in morning after you go to loo.:bigsmile:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every time I go to the gym--so 3-4x a week-- in very similar clothes and after eating the same breakfast. This week I lost 2.5lbs
  • Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Options
    Morning, after you go to the toilet. Once a week, more than that and I tend to obsess.

Agreed!
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    sometimes i like to see my progress, and weigh in every day. i like to see what's happening.. and keep track of it.. it helps me work with my calories too.. . when i get too obsessed and it hinders me, i just weigh in once a week. sunday morning's usually.

:heart:
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    Never weigh myself, used to do it everyday.
    I just use the mirror now and maybe 1 a month i weigh in if i can be arsed lol
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is to weigh yourself on the same day each week, first thing in the morning and after you visit the John,

I weight myself almost every day and at varying times (after eating lots of food, after the gym etc etc) but I know to expect all sorts of fluctuations and the only number that I really care about is the one from my weekly morning check in.