snack that are healthy and filling

Options
i'm looking for things that are minimal prep that i can snack on taht will help me keep feeling more full thoughout the day.

I know instantley a lot of people will say greek yougart with something fruity, nuts and fruit are right in there.

but i need things i can easily eat during a lunch break of 15 mins, whilst fitting in all the useal stuff(drink, loo break).

i know protein and fiber are good things to help keep you going, but i'am having trouble finding healthy ideas that are not fruit, nuts and yougurt.

the only thing i have found so far is natural liqorice and possiablly dry multigrain cerals (though not all varities are low sugar).

any other suggestions you can help with would be good.

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I enjoy those Cliff Bars, Special K and Nature Valley meal bars. I am with you on healthy snacks.
    I get it!
    I need something more than tofu wrapped in seaweed dipped in celery juice.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Too bad. A handful of raw almonds and i eat the yoplait lite yogurts, and that will really fill me up and hold me for a long time.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Tuna in a pouch with some crackers is good. There are lots of different flavored kinds too.

String cheese with an apple and peanut butter.

Maybe scramble some eggs the night before, wrap them in a tortilla and freeze them, if you have access to a microwave.

I like the kashi bars in a pinch, sweet and salty and low in calories.

They always have the premade salads in the deli section at walmart. I eat these a lot for lunch at work. Dressing and toppings for about 250 calories. Even comes with a fork.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'd stay away from anything refined and try to snack on vegetables, fruits, nuts and maybe cheese. Stuff like protein bars are really no different than candy bars for the most part.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs
    oatcakes/crackers with peanut butter or cream cheese
    apple with peanut butter or piece of cheese
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love apple slices dipped into pb2 dry. I know not too exciting but low in calorie and tastes good.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    houmous with carrot, pepper, cucumber etc, yum!
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    my 15 min lunch usually consists of a piece of fruit, some yogurt or a cottage cheese cup and fruit crisps or crackers. dont know how u can make that any quicker :)
  • dogberry3
    dogberry3 Posts: 21
    Options
    cherry/grape tomatoes are easy to snack on as well as celery with low fat cream cheese. You will need to prep it before hand but I have found that I can pack salads for a week if I don't use a knife to cut the lettuce. Also I have a portion of Snack Factory Pretzel crips. 11 of them are quite filling and really tasty as well as only 110 calories. I also use them as a more filling less fatty substitute for croutons on a salad.
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    I take a piece of deli chicken (30 calories), spread some yellow mustard on it (0 calories) and wrap it around a stick of light string cheese (50 calories). For 80 calories I get a protein packed snack that doesn't have all the calories and is quick and easy to make.
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i eat 1 large raw carrott with 2 servings of extra light soft cheese regulary. it sounds crazy but it does actully fill me up for a couple of hours- unlike other fruits and veg for example- apples!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Mash half a small avocado with a tsp garlic cream cheese and spread onto a turkey breast that you grilled and chilled already.

Mash half a small avocado with a small tin salmon. Spread onto wholegrain bread/toast if you like.

I like avocado.
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    houmous with carrot, pepper, cucumber etc, yum!
    i agree- it is filling and quick. it tastes soooooo good with red pepper!
  • LaurenRose1
    LaurenRose1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A little packet of oatmeal made with skim milk, a small salad, a wrap filled with peanut butter and sliced banana, or a wrap with salad and light cheese toasted :)
  • BarringtonFinbarNash
    Options
    tahnks guys some of these suggestions ar emore practical for me than others, but a lot of good suggestions, i will definatley be using some of these, if people still have more ideas, i don't mind more varity
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I like Nature Valley protein bars. They are more filling (and satisfying) than other granola bars and don't have as much sugar as most protein bars.
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like Special K Bars, but also use Mini Babybel light and low cal crisps like Skips and Wotsits for quick snack fixes.

When I have more time and am near a kitchen, I prepare a small fruit salad or make a slice of toast (weightwatchers bread)