P90x or Insanity?

Options
Which is a better workout with better results???

Replies

• meghanx20
    meghanx20 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was looking into both of them and decided insanity. I'm only on week 2 though (already seeing results and weight drop from all the cardio)! I love/hate it but I really liked that I didn't need any equipment :) best of luck to whichever you choose!
  • sugarfoot928
    Options
    I was looking into both of them and decided insanity. I'm only on week 2 though (already seeing results and weight drop from all the cardio)! I love/hate it but I really liked that I didn't need any equipment :) best of luck to whichever you choose!

Are you Insanity's nutrition guide or logging the calories you burn into MPF and using MPF's estimate? The Insanity guide seems like it wants me to eat a lot of calories.
  • joeyplatypus92
    Options
    neither.

start doing compound exercises with free weights.
  • meghanx20
    Options

Are you Insanity's nutrition guide or logging the calories you burn into MPF and using MPF's estimate? The Insanity guide seems like it wants me to eat a lot of calories.

I'm going along with my calories on here and if I really feel like I need more energy, I'll up my calories (insanity gave me a REALLY high number). I'm just trying to stay with my healthiest eating on here while doing it so I don't need to pick specific meals and stuff!
  • meghanx20
    Options
    neither.

start doing compound exercises with free weights.

haha i wish i knew more so i could just decide what to do :P still trying to figure everything out, so videos are easiest for me to follow. it gives me more discipline!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options

I'm going along with my calories on here and if I really feel like I need more energy, I'll up my calories (insanity gave me a REALLY high number). I'm just trying to stay with my healthiest eating on here while doing it so I don't need to pick specific meals and stuff!

What high number is it giving you? I'm only eating 1700-1800 calories a day while doing Insanity. That's not that much. How much are you eating right now?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    They are different. Insanity is a lot of jumping. A lot. In fact, it all pretty much jumpin. P90X is more well-rounded fitness.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    They are different. Insanity is a lot of jumping. A lot. In fact, it all pretty much jumpin. P90X is more well-rounded fitness.
    This! Insanity more fat burning cardio..p90x more strength training
  • michaelispas
    michaelispas Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're aiming for.

Insanity- conditions your cardio and gives you a lean body- no weightlifting, all lifting are from using your body.

P90X- All-round program, mix of cardio, lifting, and recovery. You would have great results with either one, really.

Also don't forget nutrition is important as well!
  • greggags2
    greggags2 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Both work really well, its all in what you like more. Insanity gets your heart rate up real high throughout the whole workout but P90X uses more resistance excercises and gets your muscles burning. Both will get you great results!
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    BOTH
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed with lack of cardio in P90X, defiinite muscle build but I sincerely wished I got insanity because I personally need the cardio over the muscle.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    They are both great workouts and you can't go wrong with either of them.

Insanity is more cardio and endurance training, P90X is more strength. So whichever one you want to focus on is the one you should do.
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I prefer Insanity. I like the fast pace feel of it and Shaun T is a great instructor. P90X is a good work out but I find it a bit dull at times.
  • sugarfoot928
    Options

What high number is it giving you? I'm only eating 1700-1800 calories a day while doing Insanity. That's not that much. How much are you eating right now?

On MPF, I'm eating between 1400-1500 on most Insanity days, 1300 on recovery, and 1200 on my off day. Insanity wants me to eat 1800-1900. But I'm only 5'1 and 130, so I feel like that is a lot.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I picked Insanity for a few reasons:

- no equipment
    - shorter workouts
    - body weight training appeals to me
    - functional strength (rather that larger muscles) and cardio are what I need for adventure/obstacle racing
    - I'm already a fine weight/size I just want to swap a bit of body fat for muscle and get a 6-pack
    - it looked excruciatingly hard and some terrible part of my brain just screamed CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

It hasn't arrived yet though so my reasoning is all hypothetical. Hopefully in 2 months I'm still happy with my choice.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Both, but I loved insanity more than P90X got good results with both though!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just wanted to share my experience...I did Insanity and had some weight loss in the first month- I felt good and strong for the most part. I am now doing a lifting program Supreme 90- I think it is similar to p90x but about 1/5 the price. I was happy with my Insanity results the first month but not the second- but I think I lost enough weight that now the muscle building program is perfect! I don't think I would be able to see the same lifting results without the weight I lost doing Insanity. I do also jog and with the lifting only days. So maybe Insanity first or vice versa. I did wish Insanity had more weight/strength training so perhaps a hybrid would be best.

So that sooo did not help except to say that both are great but very different...good luck! If you do choose Insanity just stick with it and always do the best you can!
  • sugarfoot928
    Options
    I am trying to log Insanity on MPF, but my heart rate monitor broke. Can you please give me an estimate of how many calories you burn while doing Insanity? I'm a 5'1" female under 135lbs
  • meghanx20
    Options
    I am trying to log Insanity on MPF, but my heart rate monitor broke. Can you please give me an estimate of how many calories you burn while doing Insanity? I'm a 5'1" female under 135lbs

i don't use a hrm, but i say around 345 ish (according to livestrong.com)