best weight loss tips

Options
to help everyone who is just starting or is looking for some more tips:

what is your best weightloss tip/advice?

mine would be to create a pattern that works for you and that will make it easier to hold on.

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Learn how to use a food scale/measure your food properly.

#1 tip of all time.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Learn how to use a food scale/measure your food properly.

#1 tip of all time.
    Amen! Eyeballing sizes doesn't work for most people.

Read labels!
  • traveller888
    traveller888 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Be honest with what you eat (which includes using a scale), but have fun with it. No deprevation - enjoy eating!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    DON'T rely on a HRM when strength training. Didn't find this out until after about 6 months of doing it and was eating back "at least" half of 800-900 calories.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    eat good food - in that its good for you but also tasty.
    I don't waste calories on anything I don't like
  • EternalJourney
    Options
    Keep hydrated!
  • dawny78
    dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    all the answers above :smile: good luck .
  • ausped
    ausped Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I also like to use smaller bowls and plates. Make me feel like I have more when the plate is full.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up and wallow in self-pity when you consume unhealthy foods. It happens.

AAAAAAAND....

Just keep going.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Get moving!! Cardio, cardio, cardio!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Keep changing your diet/ workouts to shock your body!!! I have changed my calorie intake and exercises a million times in 15 months!!!
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time! Life is full of ups and downs, enjoy the ride. Nobody knows when our ride will be over!
  • vltaylor35
    vltaylor35 Posts: 72
    Options
    dont deny yourself the things you love. just eat within your calorie goal and know that you need to earn your treats. junk food=extra time in the gym!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    DON'T rely on a HRM when strength training. Didn't find this out until after about 6 months of doing it and was eating back "at least" half of 800-900 calories.

your HRM says you burn 8 to 9 hundred calories a strength session? Or was that a weekly total?

I am quite confident that my strength training burns are accurate.... my HR stays pretty elevated. And I eat back more than half of my exercise calories... perhaps that varies by HRM?

My best advice is that if you slip, forgive yourself and move on RIGHT AWAY. If you beat yourself up, there's a chance for it to be a slippery slope. It has taken over a year for me to get that...
  • owl92
    owl92 Posts: 74
    Options
    Dont look at the scale after 2 weeks of hard dieting. it may be the same, the body is adjusting. hop on in 3, if its the same you are soon to experience the whoosh effect if you know your in a healthy deficit.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Be CONSISTENT. Everyone that usually has an issue with weight loss that I've personally dealt with wasn't. An off day eating here, no exercise here, etc. Can't track correctly if information isn't consistent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • thenicksters
    thenicksters Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Eat your calorie goal, all of them and never net under1200 calories! Even when you exercise, the net still needs to be above 1200 calories :happy:
  • tkt66
    tkt66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't look for the "magic bullet" that's going to make you lose 10 pounds in one week - slow, steady, consistent weight-loss in a life-style that you can picture yourself continuing for the rest of your life is the way to go.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

your HRM says you burn 8 to 9 hundred calories a strength session? Or was that a weekly total?

I am quite confident that my strength training burns are accurate.... my HR stays pretty elevated. And I eat back more than half of my exercise calories... perhaps that varies by HRM?

My best advice is that if you slip, forgive yourself and move on RIGHT AWAY. If you beat yourself up, there's a chance for it to be a slippery slope. It has taken over a year for me to get that...

No, that was per a one hour session.
    Maybe it is the HRM... who knows :S
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Eat less. Exercise more.