I may be chronically ill - but I won't be chronically fat!

Options
Hey all.
My name is Janni - I'm a 25 - soon, 26 - year old Dane, and due to a recent deterioration of my already bad health, I gained 97 lbs/44 kg, and went from nearly frail, to obese; this was mainly because of the medication I had to take while in hospital - not that being confined to a bed helped matters, at all!

However, I was recently put off said medication - and although I've already lost 13.2 lbs/6 kg, it's time to put an effort into eating healthier, exercise more (even if I am limited to certain forms of exercise) and lose even more! It's time to make a commitment - even if it's going to be tough!

I've never tried to keep track of what I'm eating, so this is completely new for me, so I hope some of you will consider adding me as a friend. :) I don't know anyone here, so I didn't want to just add people to my list. But I hope I can meet some new, like-minded people here! :D

I wish you all good luck with reaching your goals!
-Janni P.

Replies

• kuzurichan
    kuzurichan Posts: 134
    Options
    If you don't wanna read my biiig post, I can make it short; I'd love some friends on here, whether you're healthy, or a complete mess like me. :P
  • wxgurl
    wxgurl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've had some chronic health issues myself, but i refuse to let them define me! Good luck with your journey!
  • rainforestboots
    rainforestboots Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation, gained 40kg and lost most of my muscle, mostly due to "bed-rest" and steroids. Now I'm working really hard to be as healthy as possible, lose weight and build muscle. Good luck to you, add me if you want :)
  • deb_jones
    deb_jones Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My health isn't that bad, but I do have fibro which makes exercising hard. But I do have three dogs that will at least keep me company for a walk. :wink: