Calories in egg sandwich

Options
kats0208
kats0208 Posts: 25 Member
When I'm at work there is a bakery across the road that does healthy foods.
I'm pescetarian so don't eat meat, but do eat fish, so usually I get egg sandwich but a teeny bit of mayo and butter.
Does anyone know how many calories a boiled egg sandwich with no mayo on wholemeal bread would have? They forgot my mayo today... and I know mayo makes up a lot of calories!

Cheers for any help, all the sandwiches on here have mayo!

Replies

• katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Put each ingredient in separately. Add the bread, then the egg. It will be approximates because you may not know the brand of bread that they use, but it'll be close
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Depends on the bread but whole wheat is ~50-70 or white ~80-100 per slice. A large boiled egg is about 80. Real butter is ~100 per tablespoon and mayo is ~80 per serving I think.

I eat an egg sandwich almost every day but I make my own. Yummy.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I always put in the ingredients separately. If you don't know the brand just guess and input it.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    use the recipe builder and add it to your collection and then each time you have one, your calories are one simple click away
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    Depends on the bread but whole wheat is ~50-70 or white ~80-100 per slice. A large boiled egg is about 80. Real butter is ~100 per tablespoon and mayo is ~80 per serving I think.

could you pass your egg sandwich recipe? I would love to try it.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

could you pass your egg sandwich recipe? I would love to try it.

Its pretty simple.

Whole wheat bread, toasted - 100 for 2 slices
    1 large boiled egg sliced - 80
    1 slice cheddar cheese - 80
    Topped with a dash of hot sauce.

Of course you can vary to your taste. Any kind of cheese, if you like a poached or fried egg with lots of runny yolk goodness or if you don't like hot sauce you can put on mayo or salsa. The incredible edible egg!
  • kats0208
    kats0208 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) I did end up adding it separately.

And Rachel0440 I may try your recipe!