Desk Job!

Options
2»

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    carmel rice cakes, yummy! (no desk job here though, I barely get time to eat at work... teaching does that to you)
  • kristustory
    Options
    Homemade beef jerky is great & very low in calories :)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Each day I bring my snacks. Having a stash of them at work sounds like a recipe for disaster. :wink:

Today I brought an apple with tofu/peanut butter spread, and a 4oz container of yogurt. I also often bring baby carrots, celery with peanut butter, a serving of fruit (apples, oranges, pears, bananas, strawberries, etc). I have brought fiber one bars, special k bars, and other snacks like that. The key for me, though, is to not keep a large stash on hand but only keep the snacks I'm allowing myself that day (plus maybe one extra piece of fruit just in case).

I also keep packets of instant green tea at my desk. That way, if I want to taste something but I'm not particularly hungry, I can mix one of those into my water & have some green tea. If I had an electric tea pot, I would bring bags of herbal and green tea to make tea at work.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Whenever I buy popcorn unsalted or unflavored I use the 0 calorie spray butter and a little salt and lawrys seasoning!!!

BTW- I used to do this as well but that 0 calorie spray really has 25 calories per tsp! It's a marketing ploy- they can get away with claiming 0 calories because of the "serving size" which is something silly like 3 sprays ( I would use like 100....) I still use it but now I just log those calories.

Thats Crazy!!! Those Jerks!! I don't use that much!!! It is nice though instead of spreading it on.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I keep a stack of crackers, and a very small tupperware container of all-nat peanut butter that I brought from home - works every time.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Ok, everyone has great ideas about snacks, but what I want to know is how are you people finding these jobs that have Fridays off?????:grumble: Are you hiring??????

No, and it's not by choice. Instead of having lay-offs my company just cut our salary by 20%, and said come in 4 days a week. My department has a Day-Off Draft at the begginning over every month. At the begginning it was kind of nice over the summer, but now we're six months in, and I'd kind of like my 20% salary back.

Anyway, on to the snacks. Fruit and Veggies, it is not anymore simple than that. Green Giant makes this things called Just for One. They are veggies like broccoli, corn, and peas in some type of seasoning. I have yet to see one over 80 calories. But mostly I bring Nana's, apples, or grapes.
  • startingnew09
    Options
    Ok, everyone has great ideas about snacks, but what I want to know is how are you people finding these jobs that have Fridays off?????:grumble: Are you hiring??????

I work at a private Christian school...they decided long before I started working here that they shoud take Friday's off. But I'm not complaining. As crazy as my work week is, I love having Friday to sleep in.

I wanted to thank you all so much! It has been so encouraging to me to know I can still lost weight, even if I'm craving snacks all the time! You have all helped me big time! I have taken all of your suggestions and compiled a list for my next grocery trip! Thank you again!!
  • blondeambition
    Options
    I chew gum and drink hot tea and it really seems to keep me from munching all day at work.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options

LOL! Me 2 hehehe

I pop cherry tomatoes all day long.
    Baby carrots
    Almonds are good, but don't over do it
    dried fruit (w/o sugar added)
    WATER, WATER, WATER
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I try to bring yogurt, fruit (good stuff like apples, berries, citrus, etc.), and, if I'm really hungry, a small handful of almonds. The protein will fill you up and give you energy. But mostly, I recommend fruit. Maybe a little low fat peanut butter.

And, if that's not getting that hungry feeling to quiet down, bring something yummy to drink, too! Crystal light is pretty good, or you could bring tea if you have access to hot water.

Good luck! :)