Belly Fat

Options
To all my fitness gurus and trainers, please tell me of a good weight loss supplement or exercise that will help to burn off this stubborn belly fat. My belly is really round and hangs even though I am losing weight weekly it seems as if my belly is not going anywhere. I do a ab workout at least twice a week but it looks as if even though I'm losing weight my belly is hanging lower and even looks like it bulges out more.....please help. Any advise would be great.

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    It's only going to go down as you continue to lose weight.
    There is no non-surgical solution to reduce fat in a particular area.
  • mogolo
    mogolo Posts: 30
    Options
    You can't target lose the belly fat. just eat healthy excersize and over time you'll see the belly fat slowly go away. Some people lose weight in different areas before others.
    One question did you measure your waist and hips before you started this? If not I would do that now.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    dead lifts and squats. lift heavy.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Last time I was here, I was friends with 'Shreddingit' - look her up! You'll see what I mean :)
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yep, as others have said, you don't get to decide where your body loses fat. That's up to your body. All you can do is concentrate on consuming less calories than you burn and improve the muscles you have.
  • BrittLee07
    BrittLee07 Posts: 28
    Options
    1. Do abdominal exercises to build more muscle and tighten the area.
    2. Drink enough water! CUT OUT SODAS (or as a Pittsburgher like myself would say-pop [regular AND diet]) and stick to drinking water. It REALLY helps.
    3. If you REALLY want to get rid of belly fat, DO CARDIO! I personally suggest running (it is REALLY working for me and my weight loss goals at this time). It's hard to do, but there are apps to help you get started. :)
    Those are my suggestions! :)
  • misstangieb2012
    misstangieb2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise guys. I really appreciate it. I think I am going to try the 30 day shred. I see it has worked for so many people. Thank You
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 11 of 30 Day Shred and while I've DEFINITELY lost inches (3" in my stomach alone), I still have a definite 'crease' where my stomach has hung over for so many years. I can tell that I'm losing inches around, but as hard as I work out, I haven't noticed the flap that I have going anywhere :( I'm terrified that I will go through all of this and still have a little flap that hangs over. Hopefully people keep making suggestions! I'm willing to try anything :/