When Did Your Weight Loss Slow Down?

Options
So as of today, I am down 95 pounds. I have 20 more pounds to go until I am the normal BMI range, and 30 more pounds until I'm at the final weight I want to be. I have been losing pretty consistently since October 2011. I'm just wondering when the weight loss started to slow down significantly for others? This is just out of curiosity. It's easy to think that if I keep doing what I'm doing, that I should lose at the same rate, but I know that's not true. So to reiterate, how many pounds did you have left to lose when you noticed your weight loss begin to slow down significantly? Thanks!

Replies

• legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I'm slow regardless, so I don't have much input for you but I did want to say that you are awesome and 95 lbs is a great accomplishment. :)
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm slow regardless, so I don't have much input for you but I did want to say that you are awesome and 95 lbs is a great accomplishment. :)
    Thank you! :-)
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has recently reached a plateau. I've been on this journey since June 2011 and my weight loss has stalled for a few days...a week...within the year, but I am now down to my last 25 pounds to reach my goal weight and there is just nothing happening but going up and down a few ounces everyday. It is frustrating. I have tried this past week to do less cardio and more weight training and take more days off to see if I can get my system back on track.

I hope your weight loss is consistent even as you come closer to your goal!
  • sophiathedss
    sophiathedss Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    WOW 95 pounds! :)

I started slowing down when I hit 197....I know the last 30 pounds will be the slowest, and knowing this makes it better mentally, for me. I hit a month long stall or plateau ....finally got a woosh last week. I have pumped up my exercise with the c2dk and some heavier lifting and really focusing on what I am eating...I eat pretty clean.

Congrats again on your loss! :flowerforyou:

11269213.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    When I hit 140lbs i slowed down. So when I had 15 left to lose.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 50lbs and am stuck in the 150s and I have been for months now. My weight is finally moving again and it's been all personal trial and error to make the scale move again. The best advice? Never give up! Even when I've felt discouraged I still eat right and exercise 5-6 days per week :)
  • amy_p
    amy_p Posts: 82
    Options
    I started here in October 2010.. I slowed down after I had lost about 110lbs, but was losing about 5 lbs per month for a few months until I had lost 140lbs. Since January, I'm only down 9 lbs. Slowed WAY down. My measurements still change, but the weight stays the same. It's SO frustrating!!

I just upped my calories this month, so hopefully I'll be able to break through this plateau and get back on track!
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 50lbs and am stuck in the 150s and I have been for months now. My weight is finally moving again and it's been all personal trial and error to make the scale move again. The best advice? Never give up! Even when I've felt discouraged I still eat right and exercise 5-6 days per week :)

pretty much the same here. Started at 200 and once i got to about 155 its been really slow. Been up and down between 148-152 for about a month and a half now.
  • soniams
    soniams Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My weight loss was pretty steady for the first 1 1/2 years. I lost 110 pounds over that time period at about 5 pounds per month. I started off eating about 1600 calories per day (I am 5'1"). I lowered my calorie limit as I lost weight. At the end of 2012 I was eating 1250 calories each day and my weight loss stopped. I was not giving my body enough fuel. It took me while to figure this out and so I plateaued for about 4 months. I gradually started increasing my calories and am now back up to 1600. Over the past month I have lost 5 pounds. I have just over 10 more pounds to go and will probably stay at 1-2 pounds reduction per month rate until I reach my goal.

There is a great group in MFP to help with this, Eat More to Lose Weight. Really good advice there.

Good luck!
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say mine has slowed down significantly, since I'm still losing about 4 pounds a week which is pretty damned fast, but it has been a month and a half for me and it did slow down just slightly about a couple weeks ago. So I would say it slowed down at the one month marker. Still I am seeing very consistent results.
  • tinydancer4
    tinydancer4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Well done on your loss so far!

I stopped losing about a month ago, after eight pounds. I was only eating 1200 a day and a few people suggested that might be the problem. I've now upped my calories to 1500, am eating back exercise calories and working out more days a week. I really hope this gets me losing again but it's too early to tell right now I think.
  • Mylilpony99
    Mylilpony99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 75lbs since January 2011, buy I've only lost about 11lbs since the beginning of 2012, I slowed around 175lbs. Currently, I'm 6lbs away from getting out of the "obese" BMI category, which is my first goal. I am 5'1" and weigh 164, but I wear a size 8. I workout 6-7 days per week with great variety... running, training, bike riding, walking, yoga, pilates, tennis, elliptical. This slow down is super frustrating.
  • 8ritt55
    8ritt55 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    After pregnancy I hit my all time highest weight of 220, I've lost 45 lbs and I've noticed a serious slow down with these last 20 lbs!