*New Thread* Jillian's 30 Day Shread Starting Dec 1, 2009

Options
I keep falling off the workout wagon...UGH! So I figure its a new month, and we're coming up on a new year...So why not start now!

Today is Day 1 of the 30 Shred...if anyone else wants to join me feel free to post your start weight today. I'll be checking in daily for accountibility purposes, and I'll check in with my weight every 10 days (at the end/beginning of the level up) and in 30 days we'll see how well this 30 shred really is and post a review!

Any takers?

It is currently 9:15 am on Dec 1, 2009...I will check back in about an hour to see if I have anyone joining me...I'm off to shread!!

Replies

• ChristineL
    Options
    Alrighty, I am in. I will not shred until tonight though. I guess that means I should take the shrink wrap off the DVD that has been lying on the table mocking me.

Dec 1. Start weight is 178.

I will check in with ya daily to see what you think.

Christy
  • sixers3
    sixers3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting at 160...
  • adthomas218
    adthomas218 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I looove/hate that workout. You can feel yourself being shredded! If it's your first time, expect to be VERY sore tomorrow....but by Day 6 I'm guessing you'll be feeling sooooo much stronger and it WILL be easier. The best part, it is 20 minutes. I tell myself I CAN DO ANYTHING for 20 mins. EVERYDAY.

I'll definetly join with you gals, because just this morning I was saying...."I need to bring Jillian back out!" .....I did it religiously 3x a week for 2 weeks and lost 3 inches.....so imagine what we could do by CHRISTMAS!!!!

LETS DO THIS!!! :]:]:]

Oh, I'm ALICIA....I'm 21.....I'm also 178 as of yestarday :]
  • Zjole
    Zjole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well. Good luck to everybody!

Dec. 1st start weight 230.

Any useful tips for the shred?
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You know what.. I have joined 2 other 30 day shred threads and fell off... I hurt my knees doing the shred.. BUt its been 2 weeks.. I'm back on, Today is the 1st, time to start a-new. I will shred when I go home.. Check in tomorrow.. & Please, ladies.. Hold me accountable... I really WANT to do this. i HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING WITH THIS WEIGHT FOR 2.5 YEARS AND i need to be "me" again... (ugh, sorry to go off in a rant).
    But I am going food shopping after work.. to buy healthier foods.. any suggestions?

**SW-235
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Hit my goals, but then gained back what seems like double post wedding.

Starting weight 135.

I, too, won't be shredding until later tonight.
  • shadechick
    shadechick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday, and my starting weight yesterday was 141.8. I'm pretty addicted to the scale, and when I weighed this morning, I was 140.6. I know that doesn't mean anything, but hey, it's nice to hear. I'd like to get below 140 soon, as I've been hanging in the 140's for over a month.

Anyhow, the shred kicked my butt! It doesn't seem like it would be hard to do the workout just looking at it and what's involved, but I was WRONG! Hopefully I'll do it again tonight, along with my normal exercise since the shred doesn't burn enough calories.

Good Luck ladies!!!!!!
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well. Good luck to everybody!

Dec. 1st start weight 230.

Any useful tips for the shred?

just dont quit! it will seem really tough the first like week, but trust me, it will get easier! just keep it up! i did the 30 day shred in 30 days in october and i did it through november too but I didnt do it as i should have( 10 days on each level). but i love the 30 day shred, after you go through it once though, you may need to find another work out. i think i'm about to plateau so i am going to start the couch to 5k and also buy jillian michaels banish fat, boost metabolism. good luck to you all! and keep it up! please, dont stop the 30 day shred because you think its too hard, it will get easier and you CAN do it!! :bigsmile: :drinker: :glasses: :flowerforyou:
  • saraketner
    Options
    I'm in! I Love 30 day shred!
    I need something to jumpstart me again! Thanksgiving did me in and I gained back the few pounds I had lost!!

Starting weight 145. My goal is to lose 15 pounds before I go to Vegas at the end of January with my skinny ***** best friend!!
  • levans71
    Options
    Okay...I'm pretty new at this...and as the Token Blonde I'm called....what is this Shread thing? Do I need to go out and buy something? I would actually like to join in myself. So...someone...give me the scoop. I'm 5'8" and 174 lbs. I've been dieting for the past several weeks...going up and down 3 lbs because of my cheating on the weekends. So...TODAY....I'm starting back at the gym. I went religiously until I had to get a job at the end of Aug....and worst of all....its an office job. So...needless to say...I've gained some weight back that I had lost. So...with that said....support is really what I need....and if this shreading thing will help me achieve my goal faster along with my exercising at the gym....I'm game. So...what do I need to do....where do I do this....and how often, long....lol. Lots of questions. :)
  • daaazeee
    Options
    OK... here I am, again, comitting to this workout. When I did it before... It was great! I was consistent for 2 weeks then something came up and I just didn't start back.

Let's see... I had a baby in February... now, nine months later, my body is still sooooo different. No more of the 9 months on, 9 months off crap!!! lol... Strange thing is I'm a few lbs less than pre-pregnancy but I'm still bigger! I was 146 lbs and a size 8 in May of 2008 and now I'm 141 and a size 11. I don't want to lose a lot because I have enough sagginess as it is... my biggest problem is insecurities... I know I will have them no matter what I am but being comfortable with myself is a good start. I was supposed to be married by now but I'm not... I've dedicated 100% of myself for the past 2 years on making everything better about us... Well... today is Dec 1 and I'm ready to put that energy into bettering myself and hopefully other things will follow!

Jillian is going to kick my *kitten* over and over again and I can't wait! I will sign on here daily... I hope I can help motivate you guys in exchange for motivation for myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting weight 141 lbs
  • daaazeee
    Options
    Okay...I'm pretty new at this...and as the Token Blonde I'm called....what is this Shread thing? Do I need to go out and buy something? I would actually like to join in myself. So...someone...give me the scoop. I'm 5'8" and 174 lbs. I've been dieting for the past several weeks...going up and down 3 lbs because of my cheating on the weekends. So...TODAY....I'm starting back at the gym. I went religiously until I had to get a job at the end of Aug....and worst of all....its an office job. So...needless to say...I've gained some weight back that I had lost. So...with that said....support is really what I need....and if this shreading thing will help me achieve my goal faster along with my exercising at the gym....I'm game. So...what do I need to do....where do I do this....and how often, long....lol. Lots of questions. :)

We're doing the "30 day Shred" by Jillian Michaels. You can get it at walmart for $10. All you need is the dvd, a little space and hand weights... be prepared to hurt the first few days!

It's only 20 minutes a day... there are 3 different levels...
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    Alrighty, I am in. I will not shred until tonight though. I guess that means I should take the shrink wrap off the DVD that has been lying on the table mocking me.

Dec 1. Start weight is 178.

I will check in with ya daily to see what you think.

Christy

LOL yeah that might help...YAY! I'm so happy! We can do this!!
  • demezat
    Options
    OK I'm all done with my shred for the day...it doesn't matter when you do the shred as long as you do it everyday! We can do this! No Excuses! and NO quiting!

Watch your diet and try not to eat a bunch of junk too! :wink: LOL
  • demezat
    Options
    OK... here I am, again, comitting to this workout. When I did it before... It was great! I was consistent for 2 weeks then something came up and I just didn't start back.

Let's see... I had a baby in February... now, nine months later, my body is still sooooo different. No more of the 9 months on, 9 months off crap!!! lol... Strange thing is I'm a few lbs less than pre-pregnancy but I'm still bigger! I was 146 lbs and a size 8 in May of 2008 and now I'm 141 and a size 11. I don't want to lose a lot because I have enough sagginess as it is... my biggest problem is insecurities... I know I will have them no matter what I am but being comfortable with myself is a good start. I was supposed to be married by now but I'm not... I've dedicated 100% of myself for the past 2 years on making everything better about us... Well... today is Dec 1 and I'm ready to put that energy into bettering myself and hopefully other things will follow!

Jillian is going to kick my *kitten* over and over again and I can't wait! I will sign on here daily... I hope I can help motivate you guys in exchange for motivation for myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting weight 141 lbs

YAY Daisy! We can do this girl!! No excuses and NO quiting! LOL
  • oatmealie
    oatmealie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! Starting weight: 137. I just need to do SOMETHING during the holiday season!

I have a question for the people who have done this before. When do you move on to the next level? After a week? When level 1 stops being hard?
  • demezat
    Options
    I'd like to join! Starting weight: 137. I just need to do SOMETHING during the holiday season!

I have a question for the people who have done this before. When do you move on to the next level? After a week? When level 1 stops being hard?

Jillian says when you're ready to move on, but to get through i think you need to move on to the next level by day 10...totally depends on your fitness level though. I am thinking if...no, not if WHEN I get finished with the 30 day Shred I may purchase another one of Jillians workout DVD's...but right now I'm taking it one day at a time.

**and just some friendly advice...Make sure to log your food & plan your meals so there are no surprises! I actually logged my meals already to see where I stand on my calorie goal for the day...If something changes I'll delete or add something.**
  • kmarsala99
    Options
    Im in have to go today to buy the dvd. I have 2lb weights here is that good enough? Hope I can do this!!!
  • demezat
    Options
    Im in have to go today to buy the dvd. I have 2lb weights here is that good enough? Hope I can do this!!!

You CAN do it!! and the 2lb weights will be fine...if you fine it getting easier, just go pick up another set of hand weights. I would ease up the weight a little at a time. I only had 8lb weights when I first started and that only lasted about 1/2 the workout LOL it was too much! so I found some 3lb weights at wal-mart...I think they were about $6 for the set.
    Good luck! and post your start weight and let us know when you have done your workout for the day! Doesn't matter what time...just as long as you do it everyday!
  • demezat
    Options
    Hey Everyone...I sent out some add request to keep us all together...but evidently you can only send som many request in a certain perios of time...SO, if I have not send you a request please send one to me.

I just realized I misspelled Shred LOL I promise I'm can spell sometimes hehehe