what should my minimum calories intake be per meal

Options
Ajnips
Ajnips Posts: 10 Member
My friend told me that if i dont eat 300 or more calories at a meal that my metabolism well shut down

Replies

• Ajnips
    Ajnips Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if hes right or wrong
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My friend told me that if i dont eat 300 or more calories at a meal that my metabolism well shut down

if you metabolism shut down, you would die.
  • maaleka
    maaleka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this one what should a meal calorie be??? someone ANYONE??
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Depends. How many calories are you allowed to eat per day? For me personally, I'm allowed 1800/day, which would result in a 2lb weight loss per week... I like to eat about every 3 hours, which means I can have about 6 meals of 300 calories each. Some days I'll have 4 meals of 400, plus a snack or two of 100 calories.

Find out what your calorie allowance is and divide that by how many meals you expect to eat, you'll be left with how many calories each meal should be.

I think 300-400 calories per meal is pretty standard, but sometimes I'll have smaller meals throughout the day and save up for a big dinner, cause I hate going to bed hungry lol

Love and alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • maaleka
    maaleka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great answer... me personally because I am 4'9 it is frustrating me.. I hear I should take in 1200 per day.. but with my body being so small... it makes me mad... but hey 300 to 400 cals per meal works for me..
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but you're friend is full of crap. It doesn't matter how much you eat at every meal. Just because you only eat 100 cals at lunch time instead of 500 cals you're body won't stop.

When your metabolism stops so does every function and organ of your body.

There is no set amount of cals to eat per meal or per snack. Some people like to eat larger meals less often. Some people like to equally spread their calories out throughout the day and eat on regular times. It all comes down to what works best for you.

For me, my calorie amounts for each meal and snack change daily. If I'm off work for the day I sometimes have a 700 calorie breakfast. That keeps me full until it's dinner time usually. If I'm working each meal and snack have different calorie counts each day.
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Eat how much you want. Do you think your body cares how much calories it's getting at each meal? It all matters how many cals you got in a day.

Your metabolism will only shut down once your dead because it carries out important chemical processes, it ain't all about calories.