Anyone else feel horrified when they took their befores?

Options
I hadn't taken any shots of my full body with front, back and side view. I wanted some to compare to the ones at the weight I want to be. I am still depressed over them. I saw myself skinnier then I am in fact skinnier doesn't fit the "picture" in any way. I am small-boned, 59, 5'2" and 133( I was 142 when I started back in May).

I feel overwhelmed because I see that losing fat is not the only need for me to look the best I can. Toning is in desperate need, geesh:( I guess my fear right now is because I feel overwhelmed. I can only afford to do my workouts at home and I can't afford weights so it will have to be pushups, lunges etc. I love to Walk so that takes care of the aerobic.

Anyway, anything someone might share to help would be appreciated. I felt so good about myself until I saw those pics that make it look impossible. Seeing others before and AFTERS might help so I will go look at some of them.

Thanks all, denise
PS I did take the shots in a bathing suit so everything was visible to me:sad:

Replies

• inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If you can't afford weights (which actually you can buy the small hand weights for a couple bucks each at walmart) you can use water bottles, cans of soup, etc. I can't afford a gym membership either and trying to walk or swim outside is impossible with 3 kids and my fiance's unusual work schedule. I have a few (very inexpensive) workout dvds and sometimes I also dance with my kids' "just dance 3" game on the wii (you could just dance to music on the radio too). Use what you have and you can make it work :) If you can't afford a dvd workout there are tons of exercise routines you can find online for toning at home. The first level of the 30 day shred workout is free on you tube and there are probably others as well. If you have netflix, there are many workout programs on there too.
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    Of course it is horrifying. But it is a starting point only. I have seen so many photos in the success story thread and in the before people are almost never smiling. But in the after photo, they are grinning from ear to ear. Just think about how great you will feel when you take that after photo, focus on that. :)
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    OMG! I do have Netflix but didn't know about the workouts!! Thank you darlin, sooooooooooo much for all the help and believe me, just hearing from you helped me, thank you again, denise:)
    If you can't afford weights (which actually you can buy the small hand weights for a couple bucks each at walmart) you can use water bottles, cans of soup, etc. I can't afford a gym membership either and trying to walk or swim outside is impossible with 3 kids and my fiance's unusual work schedule. I have a few (very inexpensive) workout dvds and sometimes I also dance with my kids' "just dance 3" game on the wii (you could just dance to music on the radio too). Use what you have and you can make it work :) If you can't afford a dvd workout there are tons of exercise routines you can find online for toning at home. The first level of the 30 day shred workout is free on you tube and there are probably others as well. If you have netflix, there are many workout programs on there too.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Ok pb:) I will do that today;) I feel better just hearing from you gals:) I'm 59(think I mentioned that)but yesterday I posted a pic of the 70 year old that won the Body for Life challenge in 2009 and he looked amazing! I can do this:) denise:)

Of course it is horrifying. But it is a starting point only. I have seen so many photos in the success story thread and in the before people are almost never smiling. But in the after photo, they are grinning from ear to ear. Just think about how great you will feel when you take that after photo, focus on that. :)
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yay- glad I could help! There is quite a selection on netflix too :)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    yes, but only because I look the same after a year of lifting, cardio, and diet. lol
  • my_year2011
    my_year2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    funny you should say that.... just this morning I was looking at some old pictures and ran across one of me from last summer. I was truly horrified by how big I was. At the time I didn't think I looked THAT big...... but now I am taking all new pictures, and like the other poster said, I am grinning from ear to ear in every picture now, not afraid to have my picture taken any more. So focus on that, how you'll feel when you meet your goal weight, you will be grinning too I know. :) p.s. I, too, need to work on strength training and toning up, thanks to all the posters for the great tips!
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    send me a message and befriend me if youd like i can always send you something to help you since you dont have the money for videos or membership
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    yes, but only because I look the same after a year of lifting, cardio, and diet. lol

I look the same - short and fat. Not much has changed adding exercise and altering my diet.
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    yes.. I knew I looked bad but I was just about devastated when I saw my "before " pics (a friend took those for me) .. now I take progress pics every month(give or take) which=about 5-10lbs loss per month... It's very motivating to me to pull up the progression and see the changes.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    What does your average day of food/fuel look like sweetie? Could be something to look at and change around some:)
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Thanks for replying Carin:) We are in this together;) denise;)
    yes.. I knew I looked bad but I was just about devastated when I saw my "before " pics (a friend took those for me) .. now I take progress pics every month(give or take) which=about 5-10lbs loss per month... It's very motivating to me to pull up the progression and see the changes.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Show me what you are eating, share your diary and you can look at mine. I'll send a friend request;)

I look the same - short and fat. Not much has changed adding exercise and altering my diet.