CONSTANTLY HUNGRY

Options
My calorie limit is 1,200 but every time i very stricly stick to this i feel starved. is this normal? how do i avoid the hunger pains?

thanks guys :)

Replies

• kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have been through this and know how you feel. I ate low calorie foods several times a day. If you check out my diary back in April you will see what I ate.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    It is quite low I agree and I'd be hungry too...why don't you up your calories?
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    would be easier to help if we could see your diary
  • spragukr
    spragukr Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If I was eating that low, I would try to exercise every day so that I would have more calories to eat. On days that I exercise, sometimes it is hard to get up to 1200 net, you have so much more breathing room!

I agree that if you don't exercise to add extra calories, you might think about upping to a higher number. 1200 is low, and I would be starving all the time as well if I had to stick to that!
  • thistooshallpass7
    Options
    I feel like i should stick to 1,200 because thats what MFP's reccomendation was, its just so hard and i always end up eating a ton at night which regresses any progress that i did make during the day. do i just need to have more willpower and push through it harder?
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough protein and fibre and drinking enough water as all those things help you fell fuller, longer.

If you are filling up on all of the above try increasing your calories. 1,200 is usually far too low for most people so you may need to up yours a bit more.
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I found that I was too hungry on 1200. I eat 1500 irrespective of what exercise I have done. I do not eat exercise cals back. This has resulted in me being able to adhere to the diet without breaking it. When I have tried 1000 or 1200 I have cracked. I loose consistently 1lb a week. Although like anyone I would want to lose faster, it had to be a sustainable for me.