New to MFP

Options
hi everyone, i joined MFP about 2 weeks ago. Im having problems with loosing weight. I've been drinking alot of water and staying some what around my calorie intake for the most part. I have a cheat day every once in a while but never go over board. I try and walk for 30 mins or more at least 3 times a week. (just started walking this week) Anyway My scale is not moving!!! Its an older model, and my floors arint really level, but its still discuraging that its not moving.. I need some motavation and tips. please help.

Replies

• ShelfRelianceMom
    Options
    Hey! That can be super frustrating. Do you know how many calories you are eating per day? Are you being honest with what you write down in the journal? It could be that the lifestyle (ie active vs. sedetary) was put incorrectly and maybe you're still having too many calories. Are you keeping track of your splurges? The reason I ask is a half hour walk may burn 150 calories, but if you eat a 500 calorie treat then it might set you back 5 walks. You can add me and I'd love to help you out. Please don't get discouraged. It takes everyone a couple weeks to start figuring things out. You can do this!

Something a lot of people do to jump start their calorie loss is the 30 day shred. I'm not sure if you'd be interested in this but it is free on youtube and has helped me alot.

Vent anytime you need!
  • tiki1078
    tiki1078 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me as a friend for support if you want.

Try to start logging in your food and workouts into the tools on this site. It really helped me this week. You may have to do more workouts if you can but if you just started this week, you may not see the scale move that fast. Also, the scale may not be the best measuring tool. It changes all the time. For me, the scale is showing I gained 2 lbs but I know my monthly "friend" is on its way and I started ripped in 30 workout on the 1st so my body is a little swollen from the strength training.

Try not to get discouraged and keep at it. One of the best things someone said to me was "You didn't gain all that weight overnight so what makes you think its going to leave overnight." It's a process and we have to just stay at it.
  • missygurl_27
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, i added you a friend maybe you can take a look at my journal and tell me what i can change, :) I know there are a few things like Iced Coffee every other day but the way i see it, i stoped drinking Iced Caps to i replaced it with iced coffe for the summer.. its a litrle change that might help
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It takes a while sometimes. My metabolism is unbelievably slow and frustrating - I'd only lost 18 lbs in the last 6 months, while people around me shed pounds like snakes shed their skin. It takes patience, and support, and, most importantly, faith in yourself. If you want it, you will have it, even if the results won't come as fast as they do for others.
    Feel free to add me.
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It must be heartbreaking :( I don't really have any advice except don't lie to the counter and maybe find a chemist/pharmacy which has a scales and weigh yourself there every week. I go to the same place every week and get a print out. Its more accurate than my home scales and I like having the record I can hold.

Good luck and I hope the needle starts moving for you soon!
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I have the same problems... Like yesterday, I was on a poor pitiful me ... Today is much better.
  • vilmafraguada
    vilmafraguada Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I have logged in for about 40 days and not losing as much as I would like but logging everything I eat and my exercise really helps, if you have any good tips/ideas please send them my way!
  • tonetone24
    Options
    Cut the carbs and eat more vegatables and fruits. Limit you intake of food, for example;
    - I used to eat oatmeal with 2 tbsp of honey, a fruit and yogurt for breakfast
    - now I spread out my intake by eatting the oameal and a fruit in the moring (around 7am) and two hours later id have a snack of yogurt
  • Loopylu84
    Loopylu84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't know about what you're eating but I personally found I didn't lose at first because I was only looking at my calories, but my fat percentage was ridiculous! The weight isn't coming off as quickly as it normally does but I think that's supposed to be healthier, just more frustrating!
  • mollieprice331
    mollieprice331 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My scale isn't really moving either. But I know it's coming. If you aren't eating enough your body can basically go into survival mode and you won't really lose weight because it will hold onto everything to maintain itself.

How much water do you drink per day? I have a huge water bottle and I actually drew lines on it that say 8am, 10am, noon on one side, and the other has 2pm, 4pm, 6pm. I carry it everywhere I go. So when I look at the bottle and I'm nowhere near that particular line I remember to drink my water.

I also make sure I eat every few hours. I got some healthy snacks that I can put at my desk at work. Just to keep me for getting too hungry and splurging later. It keeps me a lot closer to my calories, or at least gets me closer to them. If you want to add me go for it! I'd be glad to help out!