Should I change my Calories?

Options
I started running 3 days a week. I just looked at my BMR & TDEE - BMR=1502 & TDEE= 2002. I have my calories set right now at 1350. Should I up it to 1500? I haven't lost any weight in the past 2 weeks. Perhaps I'm not eating enough?

Replies

• vsecret921
    vsecret921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    anyone with advice?
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    well if what your doing it isn't working then why not try something else
    I say try 1500 cals .. make sure you weigh/measure food and be as accurate as you can, and give it a couple/few weeks

alot of people have more success eating more (there is a group on here "eat more, weigh less"

I am sure some one will come along and post the link ..

good luck
  • vsecret921
    Options
    Thank you for responding. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do you eat your exercise calories?
  • bethad5
    bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I started running 3 days a week. I just looked at my BMR & TDEE - BMR=1502 & TDEE= 2002. I have my calories set right now at 1350. Should I up it to 1500? I haven't lost any weight in the past 2 weeks. Perhaps I'm not eating enough?

You're not eating enough. Never net below your BMR. Check out the group 'eat more to weigh less' and read through the stickies. They recommend eating at TDEE -15% for weight loss, so whatever 15% of 2002 is, subtract that from 2002 and eat that number constantly - even on days you don't work out. Don't eat back exercise calories because they've already been included in your TDEE number if you calculated TDEE correctly.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    your diary isn't open, so it's hard to say. if you are eating clean, go ahead and add more, esp protein- it should be 1.1x your lean body mass (subtract fat from weight). I started losing when I increased my protein (keep carbs under 100).
  • vsecret921
    Options
    Thank you all!! I thought my diary was open. I guess I should go check! Okay so I am eating not enough...I will go check out the "eat more, weigh less"
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options

You're not eating enough. Never net below your BMR. Check out the group 'eat more to weigh less' and read through the stickies. They recommend eating at TDEE -15% for weight loss, so whatever 15% of 2002 is, subtract that from 2002 and eat that number constantly - even on days you don't work out. Don't eat back exercise calories because they've already been included in your TDEE number if you calculated TDEE correctly.

i agree with this. i try my best to net my at least my bmr everyday :)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options

i agree with this. i try my best to net my at least my bmr everyday :)

Good advice, I agree as well.