Introduction

Options
AffoueN
AffoueN Posts: 5 Member
Hi everyone! My name is Linda and I found this website about 3 days ago and decided to join. I LOVE this site. My goal is to lose 15 pounds, which is not easy! Seems like once I turned 40, weight loss came to a halt. The fact is, I want to eat what I want to eat, but this site helps me see that moderation is needed; not that I didn't know that already, but when you see how many calories are in that tiny piece of garlic toast, it makes you decide to pass :-) What I can do now is change my eating habits, without them being drastic and use exercise to delete those unwanted calories. Let's get it!

Replies

• FitFi74
    FitFi74 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome - sure you'll get lots of support and motivation here!
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I get the big 4-oh in a couple of months. Not looking forward to it! lol
  • angelsing1
    angelsing1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Angelique, I just turned 50 in June and I weigh more now than I ever have in my life. I don't always make the right food choices, but I can't see how the choices I've made have resulted in my over all weight gain over the past few years. I do have an over active thyroid which is being treated, so that along with an aging slower metabolism has to be the culprit. Still, I am committed to getting this weight off if it's the last thing I do, lol. I love kickboxing, and I do love salads and veggies, so it's all about making sure I get um all in, lol. I wish all of us the best and I'm so glad I was told about this site by a friend who has lost over 25 pounds so far. This site keeps me focused and accountable which I love. So, good luck everybody! Thanks
  • AffoueN
    Options
    Thanks Jesse for the encouragement!

40 is great! Embrace it!
  • AffoueN
    Options
    Thanks FitFi74!
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started here a week ago and am completely obsessed. It helps you realize how many calories you put in your body when you're not keeping track & you become very conscious about what you're eating. I'm the exact same age as you and am looking to lose 20-25 lbs also.