Advice needed

Options
jsukhan
jsukhan Posts: 149 Member
So since I got a digital cam time to post an image of my biggest "issue". Althought I have decent 6 pack I still have what I refer to as "love handles". Little rolls right above my hips that go around my back and become "back fat".
I hate them. I try to work out 5-6 days a week. I run a few km's, I'm running 4.5 minute miles but MFP doens't calculate that fast. I also do my own circuit training. I can't afford gym fees. I do a combination of push-ups, dips, ab crunches, hyper extensions, and some dumbell work for my abs. I do about 100 cruches a day.
Alot of you might say I have nothing to worry about, but we are all our own worst critics. Anything else I could be doing at home? My diaries are open. I've been told diet plays a big part too. Any changes I need to make to what I eat?
The circles refer to my "love handles", that arrows are my hip bones.

Abspic.jpg

Apparently photo bucket still hates me. Any other easy to use image hosting sites?

Replies

• Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You might not of used the right url on photo bucket and you have to change the capital 'IMG' to lowercase ones :) Have you thought of p90x or insanity?
  • angelsing1
    angelsing1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Is it maybe a hereditary thing? Have you asked your Dr. at all? :flowerforyou:
    I don't have any advise, but I hope you find the answer you need.
  • violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Do you just do regular crunches? If it's love handles you're worried about there are a lot of exercises you can do for your obliques. I don't know any official names (I just call them the twisty sit ups!) but I'm sure you can find some if you google it x
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Love handles are fat, so you probably won't get rid of them with any specific exercises. As we all know you can't spot reduce. However, you should know that we don't all find them unattractive. I think love handles on a man (especially a man who is otherwise very toned, in shape, skinny,etc) to be sexy. :love: I'm sure I'm not alone.
    Edit because my smiley decided to put itself in the wrong place!
  • jsukhan
    Options
    You might not of used the right url on photo bucket and you have to change the capital 'IMG' to lowercase ones :) Have you thought of p90x or insanity?

Its the right URL and I used lower case. Pics posted fine in my blog, but for some reason never work on message boards.
    Can't afford work out dvd's either.
  • jsukhan
    Options
    Do you just do regular crunches? If it's love handles you're worried about there are a lot of exercises you can do for your obliques. I don't know any official names (I just call them the twisty sit ups!) but I'm sure you can find some if you google it x

I do crunches for my obliques too, just wondered if there was anything else I could do.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I have that issue too. Ugh it sucks!! But all you can really do is get that body fat % lower. No specific exercise is gonna help with that cuz its not like its even a muscle you can strengthen. It'll come off eventually as stubborn as this spot is.
  • jsukhan
    Options
    I have that issue too. Ugh it sucks!! But all you can really do is get that body fat % lower. No specific exercise is gonna help with that cuz its not like its even a muscle you can strengthen. It'll come off eventually as stubborn as this spot is.

So its basically all diet.
  • jsukhan
    Options
    So since I got a digital cam time to post an image of my biggest "issue". Althought I have decent 6 pack I still have what I refer to as "love handles". Little rolls right above my hips that go around my back and become "back fat".
    I hate them. I try to work out 5-6 days a week. I run a few km's, I'm running 4.5 minute miles but MFP doens't calculate that fast. I also do my own circuit training. I can't afford gym fees. I do a combination of push-ups, dips, ab crunches, hyper extensions, and some dumbell work for my abs. I do about 100 cruches a day.
    Alot of you might say I have nothing to worry about, but we are all our own worst critics. Anything else I could be doing at home? My diaries are open. I've been told diet plays a big part too. Any changes I need to make to what I eat?

[img]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u415/jsukhan/MFP pics/Abspic.jpg[/img]

Apparently photo bucket still hates me. Any other easy to use image hosting sites?

ok so pic posted, how do I resize it
  • jsukhan
    Options

Abspic.jpg

ok so pic posted, how do I resize it