Indoor Home workout ideas, please

Options
Hi, with the heat wave I need to keep my workouts indoors for a bit. What are some ideas for a very beginner with limited home equipment. I don't want to have any excuses :D

I have a wii fit and a xbox kinect that I can use, and I have some workouts on demand.

Other ideas anyone?

Replies

• lizitivity
    lizitivity Posts: 21
    Options
    Some good workout DVDs. I've been doing Jillian Michaels DVDs and had great results.
  • girlonfire15
    girlonfire15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I second the workout DVD motion. I'm partial to Jillian Michaels. The DVDs are relatively cheap and you don't need any kind of equipment but hand weights - and, if you don't want to spend the money on those, you can use soup cans or something similar. All her workouts are great and show modified versions of the moves for beginners.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Step aerobics, dumbbells, elliptical, bodyweight workouts (squats, lunges, jumping jacks) and oh ya commerical DVDs
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels kicks my butt! For a beginner, I'd recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds series. She has tons of videos that use walking in place as the main exercise, but she adds in kicks and side steps and the like. She also has others (I like the Walk and Kick video) that incorporate other movements. Some of her use resistance bands, but those aren't expensive at all if you want to add them in. Her videos are my go-tos when I have to stay inside.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    http://talesofadomesticmama.blogspot.ca/2012/04/mini-morning-workout.html

I have 30 day shred and have used it twice (mostly; I don't go all the way through level 3 and end up backing it down to level 2. Level 3 exacerbates an injury too much).

I am currently doing the Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD and love it!
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender.com

they have lots of good workout.
  • Onetwo_bre
    Onetwo_bre Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also have workout DVDs. I use the Biggest Loser ones, and those I have noticed really do work ( and mind you I am a 20 something college student who has always been somewhat active). The BL videos also have modified moves for beginners. As for the Wii, I use the Wii fit (but that is expensive if you do not already have the fit bundle) or my mom and I have also purchased Zumba for wii both 1 and 2 (you can usually find one of these on sale. Zumba is fun for basic cardio! In addition, YOUTUBE IS GREAT FOR SHORT, IN HOME WORKOUTS.

I hope that helps a little :]
  • Diotima73
    Diotima73 Posts: 13
    Options
    I second the Jillian Michaels love.

Also, Nerd Fitness has a beginner bodyweight workout that requires an open space and hand weights.

Good luck!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    At the top of this page, you will see the word "Search." Click on it.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    You can actually find full length videos on youtube. I have done alot of videos by realhollywoodtrainer. She is good for beginners and has a bunch of videos to choose from. It is just an instructor in her studio, so it's not high tech fancy. They do get intense (I laid in the floor and literally cried when my hubs helped stretch my legs after my second one) but she has lower intensity videos as well. A program that I have not tried is "be fit in 90". It is free on youtube and looks like a butt kicker.

Check your local library. My library system has soooo many videos. The good thing is that you can try for free. And if you get bored easily and quickly, this is perfect.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    At the top of this page, you will see the word "Search." Click on it.

She isn't asking a dumb question you don't have to be a ****.

You can get or you may have resistance bands, they are easy to store, and there is a tremendous number of great exercises you can do with them and really get a quality work out.
  • bcmallwalker
    Options
    Check out youtube for exercise videos. I do a 28 min. yoga routine from there every day. There are all kinds of workouts there. You can usually find at least a clip from most of the dvds available, so that you can try it and find out if you would like to buy it or not.
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred for beginners, and Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and/or 6 Week 6-Pack for a bit more advanced.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use my wii, I do the Biggest Loser Challenge game, Just Dance (it has a workout option) and do wii fit for yoga, strength training, free step, hula hoop.... etc
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    collagevideo.com It is all workout videos. You can watch clips, they are rated for difficulty and there are ratings from people who have tried the videos. I have bought a few videos from them and have been very happy with them.
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser DVD's are great beginner workouts and you can do them with just some hand weights or bands and room too move.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels kicks my butt! For a beginner, I'd recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds series. She has tons of videos that use walking in place as the main exercise, but she adds in kicks and side steps and the like. She also has others (I like the Walk and Kick video) that incorporate other movements. Some of her use resistance bands, but those aren't expensive at all if you want to add them in. Her videos are my go-tos when I have to stay inside.
    I started with this walking video. Its great for beginners.
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm using Leslie Sansone's Five Really Big Miles DVD. I also use a Fitbit and when I'm finished with Leslie, I clock in about 8,000 steps.
  • shan899
    shan899 Posts: 40
    Options
    I heard the Jillian Michaels stuff is great! Also get a exercise ball, they are great for your core! You can look up a ton of exercises on the web for it too and most of the time when you buy it, it comes with some good beginner exercises. Try getting exercise bands also they are great for arm and leg work outs and easy to use