new here, looking for friends!

Options
My name is Nichole, I'm 28 and just had my first baby 10 weeks ago! Ive been struggling with my weight for years, decided to get serious about it last year, actually lost 20lbs... then I got pregnant and gained 40lbs! 10 weeks later, I'm still 10lbs from my prepregnancy weight.

I'm 240lbs today, my long term goal is 130-140lbs (been so long, ive forgotten where I look my best)... such a long way to go! Ive decided to break it down into smaller goals...5lbs at a time...its what worked for my sister and she looks great!

I'm not really sure how this works yet but if anyone wants to add me, go ahead...

**using my kindle, please excuse any typos and grammatical errors**

Replies

• tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi...feel free to add me:) My goals are always "5's" and "0"s....the in between numbers don't seem to count! :tongue:
  • Noodlesinator
    Noodlesinator Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! My goal is about 130 as well-140 as well. We can motivate each other and I'll send a friend request your way.
  • NuttyCake
    NuttyCake Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Nichole. I started out at 242, so quite similar to you. My goal weight is 135. And I'm also 28, but no kids. Congratulations on your sweet baby! :)
  • constantchaos05
    constantchaos05 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add..the more the merrier!!! Good luck and congrats on the baby!!
  • nmb1983
    nmb1983 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks gals! I feel so blessed to have my little man in my life and I really want to be here for him forever (well, at least until I'm very old). I don't want him to remember ever having a fat mom, that's why I'm so motivated to get healthy before I'm 30.

And its so much more than just the number on the scale, its about living life and being active without getting out of breath and feeling like death! Ive spent way too many years sitting on my duff, its time to start doing something.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee. My starting wt. was 304 lbs. My goal wt. is 150. I have a long way to go, but am determined to lose it. Feel free to add me.
  • aaruskey1
    aaruskey1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! I love having more friends to bounce ideas off of and get motivated by their successes.
  • babygirlblue2
    babygirlblue2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work........I am reaching for 200 pounds.... and I have 18 more to go......I started at 244 pounds in Feb, 2012. I hope to get my weight to 185 pounds.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    friend request sent :o)
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My situation's nowhere near yours... in fact, I'm just of the mindset that "if you measure it it will improve" and am not actually looking to lose much more. But, maintenance is key and eating healthy is what I value! I'd be happy to be your friend and pledge to encourage you when I see something to say! Best of luck to you. :)
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work........I am reaching for 200 pounds.... and I have 18 more to go......I started at 244 pounds in Feb, 2012. I hope to get my weight to 185 pounds.

Way to go!!!
  • Glassgal01
    Glassgal01 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi, Congrats on the new Baby! Welcome to MFP, alot of supportive people here! Add me if you like.