Is there a way to track WW points on here?

Options
I want to try WW again but continue tracking here as well. Is there a way to add a field for points value?

Replies

• 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    no
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    They just don't work in similar ways, you really need to do one or the other in my experience.
  • Sasha2211
    Sasha2211 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was just asking that earlier - it seems like if we were able to make them make sense together....I could be really successful.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    What would you see as being the advantage of keeping a double diary?
  • charmcnab
    charmcnab Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am a former member of WW. I do not plan to rejoin. I want to use the old point system. It would be nice to track here
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The MFP foods database is more extensive than the WW one and the iPhone app has a barcode scanner that the WW app does not. I am a WWer but I have tracked here and then used the overall values to calculate PP from. Be careful though - not all the foods here have the nutritional breakdown necessary to complete the WW diary successfully.
  • 3lisab3
    3lisab3 Posts: 6
    Options
    No..you have to join/pay forWW. I have both on my phone. I can tell you this: you get to eat more on WW if you eat healthy. Fruits and vegetables are free where here they have calories. It is easier to track here. I go to WW meetings and track my food here. I like the meetings as most of my fitness pals are not consistent.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I am a former member of WW. I do not plan to rejoin. I want to use the old point system. It would be nice to track here

The old Points plan was usually 50 calories/point (less for high fiber, more for high fat), but overall it averaged 50 for most foods. So if you hit 1500 calories on MFP that'd be about 30 Points. Just a way to estimate your Points for a day, if it helps.

The new plan is more like 40 calories/point, and of course produce is mostly 0.
  • charmcnab
    charmcnab Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No..you have to join/pay forWW. I have both on my phone. I can tell you this: you get to eat more on WW if you eat healthy. Fruits and vegetables are free where here they have calories. It is easier to track here. I go to WW meetings and track my food here. I like the meetings as most of my fitness pals are not consistent.

Can you tell me how you track here? Do you keep track in the notes section?
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Look in groups....Maybe you can get help there!