Drinking at least 64 ounces of water..

Options
So I usually drink at least 48 ounces of water every day. I decided since that didn't seem to be helping the weight loss I would up it to at least 64 ounces of water (plus whatever other liquids I drink during the day. However, I just don't see any difference in anything. I am just as hungry as if I didn't drink the water, I pee about the same and I haven't lost an ounce!

Anyone else not notice any change in drinking a ton of liquid?

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I drank a gallon today
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I believe, and there is a growing consensus about this, that drinking a lot of water won't make a huge difference towards losing weight. Just drink what you need to drink and try to lose weight in more conventional ways.
  • tksteps
    tksteps Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use to drink a lot of water. But at my current job, for the last 2 years, I just haven't been. So, I've been really pushing to get back to a gallon a day. The only change I've seen is that I pee a LOT more often and a lot more. My doctor told me to divide the water up equally, so I am drinking around 24 oz every 4 hours or so while I'm a wake - instead of all at once, when I get around to thinking about it.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I drink 100+ oz a day, but that's because I'm thirsty. Drinking a lot of water isn't going to magically do anything. All it does is hydrate you and make you use the bathroom. It doesn't make the water your muscles are holding in flush out, it doesn't loosen up your fat or push the "bad" food through faster so you don't absorb so much of it. It's not even a meal replacement. Try milk if you're trying not to snack on anything before meals, or eat actual snacks. Forcing water in your body's not good for you.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb with water has always been whatever my weight is divided by 2 and that is how many ounce of water I drink a day.. I weigh 250 currently so 125 oz. is my avg.. On my cheat meal day/ refeed day whatever you want to call it, I try to double up cause I intake alot of sodium that day... Best of Luck....
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I weight train in the early morning. When I stick to my goal of drinking 2 liters of water during my workout, then my lifts are consistently better. I am a recent convert to the 20 cup club. With that said, I haven't noticed any magical weight loss as a result. I have been more energetic and less prone to headaches. My period is also easier which is nice.
  • Seahawks909
    Options
    You get a lot of water from food...so drinking an actual 64 oz of water may bit over-doing it unless you are doing cardio then i would drink as long as you are on it!