LADIES i have a TMI question for u

Options
I am curious if anyone who started out obese started to lose weight and it messed with their Monthlys. if you were regular before you started to workout and diet then you skipped a period or it came much later than normal. thanks!

Replies

• newCourtney
    newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Changing your diet and stress can change your hormones and shake up everything, including your cycle. If you are eating better, you are probably eating less sugar, which definitely impacts your hormones. I can't directly answer your question because mine are generally irregular, and have become more regular with diet and losing weight.
    I have also noticed, however, that they have become longer. I think my cycle is closer to 32 days instead of 28.
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a period in 3 months (going on 4 months) now. Pretty sure this is a direct result from my weight loss and diet change.
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have become insanely regular since my body has settled into a routine. I can tell you that years ago, after I had my gastric bypass surgery, I didn't have a period for several months. Drastic changes in your lifestyle result in drastic changes in your body. It will mostly likely even out eventually.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I started out "obese" and continued having regular periods until I began training for a triathlon after I reached a "healthy" weight.

If you are over training AND under eating, it can happen no matter what you weigh.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I am curious if anyone who started out obese started to lose weight and it messed with their Monthlys. if you were regular before you started to workout and diet then you skipped a period or it came much later than normal. thanks!

changing your diet can definitely interfere. Any huge life change can mess up your cycles, they will eventually go back to normal or even find a new normal. Also, when I started losing weight before and eating more healthy, my cramps were basically non-existent.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    It definitely can. Stress, changes in diet, etc...
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have skipped a period twice I think since I made my lifestyle change january 1, 2011. It's also re-regulated itself. All is fine, but that happens when you change your eating, activity, and lose weight.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    At my biggest, my period was all over the place.. 45-60 days between them. Now it's more regular (30-35 days between) at 40lbs down.
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    In my experience, any change in my weight, stress level, etc can affect my cycle. When I gained around 30lbs last year, I didn't have a period for around 3 months and then after that it was very irregular. If you're concerned, check with your doctor though!
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    thanks! it kind of freaked me out and i got scared i could be pregnant but the test i took came out negative i was like what in the world??? why hasnt it came yet.
  • GaglianiGirl
    Options
    I am still nursing my daughter so my cycles are still screwed up anyways, but we're hoping to get pregnant again sometime soon, so I am actually hoping the weightloss will help. IDK
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I was the opposite. I started irregular with a very heavy bleed. Now I barely notice my period.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    since I have been more on track with eating better and exercising more regular it is right on time now..... before that I was so messed up
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Mine are always regular, but very short and light. Since I started losing weight they are becoming much heavier and I started cramping. Ive never had cramps before.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    yeah i lost weight my bow chic a wow wow only wow wows now
  • kallisto208
    Options
    It certainly could because your body is going through so many changes. I'm on BCP so I haven't noticed cycle changes but I have noticed changes in PMS symptoms, where I've never had any before, now I get wicked cramps, insane headaches and fever blisters right before my cycle.

If it is something that is really concerning you, might want to schedule an appointment with your doc or gyno just for a sit down/check up and they might have some suggestions or options.
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I was totally opposite, but that's because of PCOS. Before I started losing weight, I went years without one then when I got to around 30ish lbs lost I got it again. It's longer than normal cycles for some reason but it's back. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the change in estrogen.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Mine are always regular, but very short and light. Since I started losing weight they are becoming much heavier and I started cramping. Ive never had cramps before.

this^^^^^ I have noticed heavier cramping....
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    yes.. it definitely can do that. I lost a lot of weight before ( almost 90 lbs ~7 yrs ago or so?) and, my husband and I were trying to conceive for 2 years, 1 year of which I was dieting and working out to lose weight, and the second year, I was trying to gain weight but only successful at maintaining... I was 1-2 weeks late 3 or 4 times, but not pregnant..this was in the 1st year.. when I was "maintaining" I got it very regularly.. 28 days on the dot every time. I did also get heavier cramping .
  • tappleton17
    tappleton17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    yes a week late here