Chiropractor...

Options
I went to the chiropractor for the first time yesterday for some sciatic nerve pain that I have been having for the last few years. Come to find out that it is due to a pelvic deficiency. Apparently my pelvis is tilted to one side and over the years has caused my spine to curve quite a bit and that is what is putting pressure on my nerve. They put a tens unit on me for about 10 minutes and then he adjusted me. I am so sore from the tens unit today, I feel as if I did a million deadlifts. I have to go back on monday for another adjustment. I sure hope that it starts feeling better and not worse everytime I go. Anyone else have this happen?

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Is that the electric current thing? Yeah I have had that before in my glutes to try and activate them a little more.

A good chiro is definitely worth the money, I go to mine for a general check up and adjustment every 4 months.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I was a mess before I saw my chiropractor. He's a life saver. You may hurt now, while your body is re-learning to be aligned, but it will be well worth it and the pain will get less. :smile:
  • JD2000
    JD2000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just think that your body has been in this 'bad' position for years. It now has to be retrained, so to speak, to stay in the new position. Like getting fit, it doesn't happen overnight. One other tip is to not stop when you feel better because you will not be healed. If you quit before the recommended amount of treatments you are likely to go back to being in pain. (My husband is a chiropractor so I know a bit about it. :))
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    Just think that your body has been in this 'bad' position for years. It now has to be retrained, so to speak, to stay in the new position. Like getting fit, it doesn't happen overnight. One other tip is to not stop when you feel better because you will not be healed. If you quit before the recommended amount of treatments you are likely to go back to being in pain. (My husband is a chiropractor so I know a bit about it. :))

Yeah this!

I had a bad injury many years ago which I can still suffer from. I see my chiropractor as needed and she keeps me from migraines and participating in my life. I think that's a good thing!

And yes sometimes I'm sore after an adjustment.