I need epic running music!

Options
I'm doing week 4 of C25k, and I just had a preview listen to the week 4 podcast by Robert Ullrey, and... the music is so, so bad, haha. I thought - I can't run a more challenging distance without proper music putting a fire under my *kitten*!

so, I'm looking for spine-tingling, driving music that's great running motivation. It could be trance, techno, a film score, just something that has a driving rhythm, feels epic and preferably without words. Help!

Replies

• flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Our taste in music is different so I can't help there... but in c25k I always turned on the voice prompts only, and had my playlist running... the voice comes in and lowers the music for a second while prompting you to run or walk and then volume returns to normal.

I assume you have the free version on a iphone or similar?
  • Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have the podcast on an iPod nano, so it's either the C25K podcast or just music! :)
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Atm my favourite running song is "Let's Get Retarded" by the Black Eyed Peas - kinda lame, I know :tongue:

For my warm up I like "Swing" by Savage

But the bulk of my running music is clubby dance music, I think (usually I just have my whole library on shuffle and go through it till I find one I feel like using). Girl Talk is awesome too.

Really it depends on what you're into though. I haven't specifically gone out to find running songs, I just use any fastish beat stuff that I already like and listen to anyways.
  • wazjoe
    wazjoe Posts: 20
    Options
    Eye of the Tiger :P lol

But in all seriousness just listen to what you listen too usually. I have my own playlist of just music that I hear on the radio going when I go for a walk/run/bike ride. Keeps me in the mood.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 4 and struggled with the final 5 minute interval. What worked for me is Eminem's Til I Collapse. It's almost exactly 5 minutes, has a great beat to run to, and you really can't quit when you're running to a song about not quitting. I expect to hear a lot of it in week 5.
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This is the song that always begins my runs with my iPod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E85xP4eaAI

And this one is always in my mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f1-QCQ_jcE
  • sofia0586
    sofia0586 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i listen to hardcore and dance punk when I run.
    Or alt hip hop.
    Anything with a driving beat.
  • Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I like rock music, but I'm not a fan of rap/hip hop. I'm looking through youtube to find some techno or something but they're just remixes of chart stuff.
  • newmecr
    newmecr Posts: 3
    Options
    Damned if I do ya (damned if i don't) - All time low
    Payphone- Maroon 5
    Heaven- O.A.R.
  • newmecr
    newmecr Posts: 3
    Options
    Or you can always try shrillex
  • Cravepain
    Cravepain Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well, for me what I normally take to the gym or to go on runs/walks is variations of Synthpop and Dubstep. It is the best music to keep me going since the beats are typically faster, etc. I'm not sure if you are interested in that genre, though.

If you are willing to give it a try here are a few band suggestions:

De/Vision
    Assemblage 23
    VNV Nation
    Wolfsheim
    The Glitch Mob

A few song suggestions of the Dubstep I was speaking of:

Nero - Guilt - Full Official Video (MTA Records)
    Feed Me - Strange Behaviour (ft. Tasha Baxter)
    Emalkay - Fabrication
    Blue Foundation - Eyes On Fire (Zeds Dead Remix)
  • kesteele
    kesteele Posts: 127
    Options
    rockmyrun.com
  • TheWave97
    TheWave97 Posts: 11
    Options
    For my workouts I use an app called iheartradio, which is kinda like pandora on steroids and NO adds! It lets you basically find any and all forms of music you want and makes playlists and stuff, you can even play radio stations. Hope this helps!
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Try jog.fm it finds songs according to your running pace.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I listen to Pandora - one of the cardio stations. Keeps it fresh rather than listening to my iPod songs.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Iron Maiden - Run To the Hills
  • gloygirl
    gloygirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Anything by Uniting Nations, DDR music, Girl Talk, Cascada... I'm a big fan of mashups!

Amazon has a Just Dance 2 mix that I like...

If you're a fan of torrenting, lots of people put together all kinds of trance and techno mixes available for download.
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    I'm looking for spine-tingling, driving music that's great running motivation. It could be trance, techno, a film score, just something that has a driving rhythm, feels epic and preferably without words. Help!
    Marchmallow...... two that just might fit your liking:
    1. Going the Distance - Bill Conti
    2. 300 violin Orchastra - Jorge Quintero
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    pump it up- black eyed peas

ven conmigo- daddy yankee
  • itskaraxx
    itskaraxx Posts: 46
    Options
    I think this would make a pretty good running song, it has a really nice beat to it.
    Plus it's named Kick Out The Epic Motherf***er
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ZsolspjuM

We Can Make the World Stop:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls-LYas5j8U

Radioactive (one of my favorites, keep listening til chorus!)
    Probably more of a warm up song!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slj3UEPgZuo&feature=youtu.be

And finally, Broadside Bordello by Tut Tut Child, another favorite!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Nob0LntKg

I'd suggest exploring tracks that are on soundcloud.com.. a lot of the music there are really well done remixes (that's where the first and last are from).