Need some guy help

Options
So was wondering if any guys out there use any like DVD type weight loss things. I've seen a few people post about the 30 day shred (which is all females but haven't seen any guys do it) so was wondering if anything out there that guys usually do. I'd like to do something at home when I don't wanna go to the gym because it'll be crowded.

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Well my first thought would be that's a lame reason for not going to the gym, yeah it's crowded sometimes, deal with it.

Do you have any weights at home?
  • wazjoe
    wazjoe Posts: 20
    Options
    Well the reason I don't wanna go to the gym is because its crowded and don't want to have too constantly wait for stuff. So I just end up doing cardio instead of actual weights. My gym is small so it gets crowded fast. I'd rather just stick to being at home somedays to where I can just do stuff at home instead of trying to get on the bench or something with 4 other guys trying at the same time. I don't have any at home but have no problem buying stuff to work out at home.
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    There's guys in the ChaLean Extreme DVDs.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my own "program." I don't like the idea of buying a product that will tell me what to do, forcing me to be strict about it.

I am currently doing a food allergy diet which is severely reducing the foods I can eat. Just by changing my diet, I've lost 12 pounds in a week and a bit. I'm not eating any fewer caloires than I should be. It's all from junk leaving my body (check out my diary).

As for exercise, I'm going to be using videos from Zuzana, a co-founder of bodyrock.tv. I don't like the new "hosts." Also, their new activities are a lot more advanced than Zuzana's. You can find all the videos made by herself here:

http://litealloy.com/workouts/tags

I just need to make up a logbook for me to use while doing her workouts (I'm a number person).

Other than that, it's just a matter of eating right, eating the right amount, and being happy with who I am!

Why spend money when you can do it for free!
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I know some guys that do insanity and P90X...and they are super in shape(:
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Go to your library, they should have a bunch of workout DVD's. They will get you sweating for sure. I also use my XBOX and Kinect with Dance Central and Kinect Sports, etc which also is a great cardio workout.

IMO If you really want to lose weight start working yourself toward running. Do lots of walking, then find hills to walk up, eventually try a little jogging with the walking and keep adding.

I believe becoming a runner is the key to real weight loss.

-V-
  • wazjoe
    Options
    I know some guys that do insanity and P90X...and they are super in shape(:

I thought about the insanity before and was just taking a look at it again. I would go insane because of the weight I'm at now but down the road looks tempting.
  • wazjoe
    Options
    Go to your library, they should have a bunch of workout DVD's. They will get you sweating for sure. I also use my XBOX and Kinect with Dance Central and Kinect Sports, etc which also is a great cardio workout.

IMO If you really want to lose weight start working yourself toward running. Do lots of walking, then find hills to walk up, eventually try a little jogging with the walking and keep adding.

I believe becoming a runner is the key to real weight loss.

-V-

I was gonna buy a kinect with my next check to start some workouts. Running for me is hard at times because I get tired so easily so I run for a few and end up walking before I pick it up again. Why I like to ride the bike instead at times because I can keep on pace more with that. I figure once I get down to a lower weight I could run better.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I started by doing cardio, mostly running, stationary biking, and walking with a weighted backpack, and I had a set of dumbells. I was able to lose weight and maintain muscle mass by doing pushups, squats, lunges, and using the dumbells for various exercises. I didn't set foot in the gym for the first year. You don't need the gym for most things unless you really get into lifting. Then maybe you would want the benefit of all the free weights. Otherwise P90X and insanity are the most common "manly" DVDs that I have seen being used. My buddy says that ChaLean kicks his *kitten*.
  • iifymlife
    iifymlife Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am almost at the end of my 3rd week of P90X. It's kicking my a**, The first 2 weeks are tough, the first week (super sore) and second week see muscle gain. I've already lost 11lbs and 7.5 inches off my body so far and I haven't even been doing it for 30 days. It really works! I would recommend P90x, I've tried Insanity for a whole week and during & after it made me feel like my heart was beating out of my chest and a weird pain breathing. I'm in pretty decent shape and never felt like that after a workout before, so I decided to do P90x instead.