Should you Weigh yourself everyday?

Is it okay to weigh yourself everyday? OR should you limit it to once a week or something.
It can just be disappointing when you had such a good day yesterday you get on the scales and you are the same or a gram or two heavier.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I guess it depends on your relationship with the scale and food. Weighing daily helped me understand fluctuations, which helped me NOT get frustrated when I was learning to eat/lose weight. For others it becomes the frustration.

ps: I still weigh daily. When I don't the weight creeps on.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Your body will fluctuate in weight throughout the day due to food and beverage consumption, bowels, blood in the muscles from cardio and strength training, and a high carb or high sodium diet. Best to weigh at most once a week and even better to take measurements once a month to really see changes
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    I weigh myself everyday. I can't help it and I like to know how my body fluctuates. If I have too much sodium and I weigh slightly more the next morning I try my best to drink lots of water and watch my sodium. Plus if I end up not weighing myself at least once a week I tend to gain a little. However, I don't like to only use the scale to track progress. If I feel better and can do more cardio or weights then I use that as an indicator that I'm doing something right that the scale can't pick up. :flowerforyou:

It's completely up to you though and how you like to do things. :smile:
  • jeremycatrett
    jeremycatrett Posts: 16 Member
    I'd only weigh in everyday if you can take it mentally. it can be a big time mindf**k.

I weigh myself once a day when i get up, between when i use the bathroom and eating breakfast. doing it that way keeps a solid control on my weight loss "experiment". If something doesn't quite work then I can change it up for the next few days and see what helps me lose the most weight.

I'll admit that it seems more difficult for girls to do this due to fluctuations, so keep that in mind.
  • Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    I do it every morning. It works for me because even seeing the scale go down a few ounces encourages me. When it is the same or goes up I just keep my game face on and know I can't slack off. I agree that its not for everyone though bc the scale going up could freak you out and cause a binge bc you think, "what's the point?!". I used to be that way but I got over it.
  • nikcasso
    nikcasso Posts: 27 Member
    I weight every morning and right after I have cooled off from workouts. But if you can't handle the flux in numbers, don't weigh everyday. As soon as I see a weight loss I log it, even if it is only a few ounces, but I know the "gain" from day to day is just water or food.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    If I weighed every day, I'd drive myself crazy. I usually weigh once a week, twice tops.