i gained 10 pounds since yesterday

Options
which i don't get, since all i ate was vegetables today. the only bad thing i ate yesterday was a mcflurry

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh after eating all those vegetables and taking in fluids? That's why. Add in clothing and shoes and you could easily add 10 lbs.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    No, you didn't

It's almost physically impossible, given that you'd have to consume 3500 calories PER lb gained, and that's after what you burned yesterday. I understand peeps gain at different rates, but that'd be quite a binge!

Most likely, it's just water retention, and it'll drop in a day or two. This is the exact reason I can't weigh myself daily, I freak over stuff like this, even though I know in my 'logical' brain that it's impossible :)
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If you're going to weigh everyday. Weigh at the same time each morning before you eat or drink anything.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Are you trolling? or...uneducated on the subject matter of weight gain? -.-
  • Sindari
    Sindari Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    water weight.... and go poop and weigh again

never ever weigh before dropping kids at the pool.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    water weight? Batteries need to be changed? And you need more to eat then a Mcflurry or just veggies. The fat from calories alone in a McFlurry are high. In an M&M Mcflurry is like 750 calories, 650 for Rolo and 550 for Oreo. Yikes that's a lot of calories for something that's not gonna keep you full all day or properly full all day. Not eating the right amount of calories is going to hurt you in the long run.
  • barbielovesgym
    Options
    I vote Troll.
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh after eating all those vegetables and taking in fluids? That's why. Add in clothing and shoes and you could easily add 10 lbs.

True that.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    tomorrow you will probably lose 15 lbs so its all good....
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    ABSURD!
    Nobody gains 3 lbs on a binge day much less 10lbs eating under 1200 calories.
    Is this for real?
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I can see you have only filled out your diary for today. Why?
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    I vote Troll.

I second that...
  • jenigeddon
    jenigeddon Posts: 16
    Options
    There is no way you ate veggies and a McFlurry and gained 10 pounds. That is 200% impossible.

TROLL!
  • EternalJourney
    Options
    To gain 10 actual lbs I believe you would have had to eat about 33,000 calories.

What you are experiencing is probably water weight. Have you done any drastic changes in your exercising? Like lifting weights?
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Was there a lot of salt on your veggies? I ate some "light" popcorn at the movies that was so salty it hurt my lips, and I woke up 5lb heavier the next morning due to water weight.

Drink a ton of water, take a poo, get some sleep, and weigh yourself again first thing in the morning.
  • JupiterJune
    Options
    Her profile:

Why I Want To Get In Shape
    I want to fit into children's clothes again, because they are cheaper than adult clothes, and I don't have to shorten the pants.

Heh. Troll fo sho.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    eb6.jpg?1307463786
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I actually gained 6 lbs from a binge day last weekend. Those are all gone now though as it was water weight. Plus, the the food you put in your body has weight. Until it comes out..... it is part of your weight on the scale.
  • maruuka
    maruuka Posts: 7
    Options
    neither. turns out my scale doesn't work on carpet. it was showing me as over 120 pounds, but when i put it back on my laminate floor it showed me up as under 110. so it was the floor's fault.
  • maruuka
    maruuka Posts: 7
    Options
    i'm 5 feet tall. adult pants are all too long for me, hence the reason I want to get back to my size 14 children's so I can actually get pants that are the right length for me.