I've been soooo tired this whole week.

Options
I've had a whole week off of work, I've been keeping up with my food and exercise routine (5-6 x's a week) but for some reason I am having the hardest time getting out of bed. My body doesn't hurt, just feels worn down. I'm anemic so maybe it has something to do with that? Maybe my body thinks it's recovery time? I'm not sure. My job is one where I walk all night long, when I'm at home, it's not like I'm not cleaning, or yard work, or out with friends, but getting out of bed has never been an issue. Any clue why this is?!? I'm afraid this will leak into my work week!

Replies

• Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Idk what you are logging in your food diary, so I cant really help.
  • nancyki
    nancyki Posts: 46
    Options
    Try to honor your body's request for rest. It will likely pass. Then a shot of espresso when you wake up from your naps :)
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I thought my good diary was open!
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I would say listen to your body, taking a little break might be just what you need.

And yes, being anemic could totally explain you being fatigued, time for some steak ;)
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    My friend is anemic and gets tired easily. I looked at your diary and you're not getting nearly enough iron!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Depending on the intensity of your workouts, you may not be leaving yourself enough rest days. You should have at least 2 if you are training at high intensity and more if you are getting symptoms of fatigue and maliase. Lyle McDonald has some great article on hhis website www.bodycomposition.com. I believe one is called The Importance of Rest and then there is a whole series of 7 article called Overtraining, Overreaching and all the Rest. Very helpful. If you are feeling tired, take a few days off from your exercise routine and recover.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    Is it really hot where you live? We don't have air so that's my reason this week!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm anemic so maybe it has something to do with that?

Definately being anemic saps all your energy (and then gets worse from there). Do you take a multi vitamin with iron for women? If not, you need to start immediately. Gell caplets are easier and quicker to digest. I was anemic and this solved my problem. I felt like I had more energy every day for three months and then it leveled off. Now I'm normal. I get tired if I don't have enough rest but am normally fine.
  • daisy2555
    daisy2555 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. Like the others I agree. Lsten to yur body. Take your naps, all the breaks you can take
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's the heat!!! It's enough to wear even the most fit person out.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll say it: eat something for Christ's sake. I have no problem with alcohol consumption but you need proper nutrition to fuel your workouts. Hydrate. Reduce training to four days a week. Re-assess in one week. I bet you'll feel better.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    From looking at your food diary, I'd say you're not even coming close to fueling your body for the workouts you're doing. You're low on protein almost every day and some days you're logging almost as many exercise calories as you're eating, leaving your body with essentially nothing to run on (all those alcohol calories are "empty" calories - they don't offer any nutrients to fuel your body).

Read up on BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) - that's the calorie intake level your body needs just to exist on a daily basis without any extra activity (breathe, make your organs work, your heart beat, etc.). If you're not even giving your body enough calories to fuel the most basic functions, it's no wonder you feel tired when you pile on extra demands in the form of working out 5-6 days a week. Add anemia on top of that and it makes it even worse. Sure, you'll lose weight - but you're running your body into the ground.

Eat! Fuel your body, hydrate, and supplement your iron intake - probably wouldn't hurt to consult a physician about your anemia.
  • chikkenlikken
    chikkenlikken Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Your body is telling you to take a few days off. Also, eat if you are hungry. When you get back to working out, you will probably see that you have made some increases in performance. While weight training, I always increased my lifts after taking a few days of rest.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Just had a quick peak at your diary, you don't seem to eat many veggies. And if you are anaemic you should be getting plenty of iron rich foods like leafy green vegetables and nuts.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat more!
  • daisy2555
    daisy2555 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yeah then heat canreally drain you out
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    At first glance I'd say you're not fueling your body. With the exception of today, you don't really eat breakfast. You don't seem to eat enough FOOD (beer calories aren't food imho) to fuel your work, your workout, or even your basic functioning.
    And then there's the heat. Are you drinking enough water?