At home Zumba Users

Options
Does it work? Do you really enjoy it? What DVDs do you like best?

Replies

• skammerich
    Options
    I love to Zumba--did it today :) I tried the DVDs, but I like the Wii games better. I like the personal competitiveness and getting feedback from the game that I'm keeping up and doing the moves right. I usually get pretty sweaty for these, so it must be a good workout :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i have the dvds, but use the xbox kinect game more - same reason as the previous posted.
  • Pgarcia413
    Pgarcia413 Posts: 28
    Options
    Me too, on the games. I use kinect and like the feedback that i am doing it right. I love it because of the convenience of staying home to do them. Although a class is fun for the social aspect, but can't always go. Also, have to move my couches a bit since some moves do have you moving around the room.

Oh, to answer the "does it work". I wore a HRM both to class and at home, and I burn about the same amount of calories.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input - I didn't even think about the games!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I hate it. I really do. I honestly have it more or less of convenience. I'm a classically trained dancer - ballet was my formal study and I know this isn't supposed to be "real" dancing so I always compare it to that, but - it is still kinda boring. It's not interactive AT ALL and the audio quality sucks. I like the Activate DVD the best, it has a good mix of songs and choreography so it's a good burn. I couldn't get into the toning sticks so the whole system sits on top of my DVD player. The worst $125 I ever spent.

If you like convenience, can't get to a real Zumba class instructed by a ZIN member, I'd suggest getting the Wii version or any version on a game console before buying this.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Options
    I grabbed Zumba Dance Party 2 for the wii today - but havent opened it yet. Is this a good one? Input is appreciated.
  • LaurN326
    LaurN326 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba Fitness 2 for Wii. I have a few complaints about the game. The belt it comes with doesn't fit me, so i have to either hold the wii remote or put the belt right below my boobs, which is uncomfortable. The other thing is that the game doesn't respond to my movements. But besides that, its great! Love the dances, get my heart pumping and me sweating. I just ordered the new Zumba 7 dvd set. so, I hope I love the dvds as more than the game,
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Options
    I have Zumba Fitness 2 for Wii. I have a few complaints about the game. The belt it comes with doesn't fit me, so i have to either hold the wii remote or put the belt right below my boobs, which is uncomfortable. The other thing is that the game doesn't respond to my movements. But besides that, its great! Love the dances, get my heart pumping and me sweating. I just ordered the new Zumba 7 dvd set. so, I hope I love the dvds as more than the game,

Good point - do you know how long the belt is? I'd love to measure myself prior to opening the box:smile:
  • LaurN326
    LaurN326 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The belt is about 50.25 inches
  • heatherherring15
    heatherherring15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I bought the videos and they were ok. I didn't like some of the dancers on it. Too much prissing around for me. I bought the 1st Zumba for Wii and it was ok. I didn't like that the levels were locked. I bought Zumba 2 for Wii and love it. You can do a single song, a half class, or a whole class, and can change intensity levels and backgrounds. Love it. My only complaint, and it could be me is that sometimes it doesn't seem to register all of my movements. I might think I'm busting my *kitten* on one song and only get 3 stars. Yes, I am competitive and want 5 stars before the song is over. I hurt my shoulder in the spring and haven't been able to do it as much as I would like. I've never been to a class because my kids' schedules don't allow me to go, but I can just pop in the game and do it whenever I want. I wishe I had a bigger living room so I could move around more.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Options
    What do you guys log your workouts under on MFP when you do your Zumba games or DVDs?
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I've never used the DVDs, but I love the Wii game.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    What do you guys log your workouts under on MFP when you do your Zumba games or DVDs?
    i use my HRM and have added an entry for zumba w/hrm
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    I use the Wii games too and I go to zumbacalories.com to find out the calories and then log it!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Not related to the post...but when I first saw the topic title I thought it said "At home zombie users" and I was like "Uh...wait what"
  • mzcruise
    mzcruise Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not related to the post...but when I first saw the topic title I thought it said "At home zombie users" and I was like "Uh...wait what"

LOL!

I've done a dance battle with my son on Kinect, not sure what game it was, but I'm definitely going to get the zumba one for me to workout with. It sounds fun and if it gives the same feedback that the dance game does I'm sure it'll be a great motivator to get moving.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    the dvds are awesome. i still use the weight lifting one and the zumba dance around the world ones if im not doing anything else zumba that day. i take two classes a week. like a previous comment, i love zumba 2 for the wii, but the belt just doesnt fit the same not that ive lost weight. not that im complaining. its a bit uncomfortable and when it's loose it doesnt match the moves right, but i love doing it. just matters im having fun not seeing how accurate i am. it also tells calories and minutes on there so i like that feature the most. good luck.