Insanity workout

Options
Loads of people on MFP seem to be talking about this workout. I looked on internet and it is a really expensive set of DVDs. Could anyone tell me what sort of workouts they are..Tae Bo, Zumba, what?...are they worth the money?

Replies

• crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I absolutely love insanity! I hate Shawn T, but only because he yells at me and makes me push myself! lol. But as far as the money - well I was given the DVD's from a friend...so I can't say I even know what they cost!
  • rumpels1120
    Options
    i love the Insanity workout. i bought it awhile ago but have only recently started using it. as it being worth the money, the set i have a found on craigslist. it was still in the plastic and a complete set and i only spent about 60.00 on it. i think it was worth the 60 bucks i spent, but i wasnt will to spend 120.00 on it.
  • goalll130
    goalll130 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i'm currently doing insanity and you can actually find links to all the workouts online!
  • susanfrancis40
    susanfrancis40 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have looked online but can't find any links :cry: . Can watch a girl on UTube doing it in front of her TV. Anyone know the link?
  • dirty_blonde
    dirty_blonde Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm a insanity grad...almost completed Insanity the Asylum. I HATED Insanity but loved Asylum. For me personally Insanity had to much jumping. It's really hard on your joints and IMO bladder. Guess after having two kids my bladder can not handle all the jumping in Insanity:
    If your just starting off with fitness there are other programs I would recommend for a beginner. I really don't think Insanity is for a beginner.
    If you would like I could offer you suggestions for other beachbody programs if your a beginner
  • Shanni827
    Shanni827 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Charity,

I would love any suggestions for beginner workouts! I want to exercise 5 days a week, but I don't want to workout so hard that I can barely move to work out the next day! Any thoughts on what would be good to try?

Thanks,
    Shanni
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Charity,

I would love any suggestions for beginner workouts! I want to exercise 5 days a week, but I don't want to workout so hard that I can barely move to work out the next day! Any thoughts on what would be good to try?

Thanks,
    Shanni

Go on the links I just posted and check out Turbo Jam
  • mzpharrell
    mzpharrell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think its worth the $$$ cause it works...it plyometrics, ABS, cardio, etc
  • ShawtyHotPink
    Options
    love insanity!
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Thanks you so much for posting this.. .I just checked out the site and am really excited to check out some new videos:)
  • davidsmith586
    davidsmith586 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can download a Torrent of Insanity and get the full set. I have been doing Insanity and can't say I love it more. Gets my sweat going. As a beginner you can do Insanity but TAKE IT AT YOUR OWN PACE. Very important to keep from injuring yourself. Also stay hydrated. You will be dripping with sweat.

Most of all, have fun
  • Treyonem
    Treyonem Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm looking for someone to start insanity with this money, add me
  • susanfrancis40
    susanfrancis40 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you sooooooo much for the link!! :)
  • nhga47
    nhga47 Posts: 118
    Options
    I think it is worth it. I have tried diet, and been on the damn treadmill for hours and havn't really seen much in results. Insanity actually works! I am going to graduate and earn my Insanity shirt! In doing this workout, this shy introvert is starting to find his confidence. THe more fat that comes off and the more muscle that builds the more confident I get! I would totally recommend it and yes I do think it is worth it.

Nolan
  • Jaw_g
    Jaw_g Posts: 46
    Options
    bump
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • byebyeluvhandles
    byebyeluvhandles Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I got my Insanity set off of ebay for $45. I LOVE it! Shaun T kicks my *kitten* daily! I just finished a Pure Cardio workout about 10 minutes ago. I am normally sweating like crazy within the first 5 minutes during the warmup. I really enjoy the workout. The jumping is a lot, but I have noticed that the more I do it, the more I get used to it and it doesn't really bother me as much as it used to. I have some days where I can't get through each workout for the entire time and have to stop frequently, and then I have days where I only have to stop maybe once or twice.

Definitely worth the buy!
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    thanks for the link, what a great blog... i always recommend nowloss.com.... all fitness videos are free, and adrian, the guy in the videos, is so real