Newbie from NY

Options
Greetings All!!!

Got on a scale this evening and was shocked by what I saw (not that I should have been, but I was).
I decided to join MFP after seeing it on FB only to realize I signed up more than a year ago!
Needless to say I am on a renewed journey for change. I am determined to change my lifestyle as I get older (I turn 35 next year) and my health is something I need to pay more attention to.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I am sure I will need motivation from time to time and I hope I can be a bit of motivation to others.

Replies

• Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Greetings All!!!

Got on a scale this evening and was shocked by what I saw (not that I should have been, but I was).
    I decided to join MFP after seeing it on FB only to realize I signed up more than a year ago!
    Needless to say I am on a renewed journey for change. I am determined to change my lifestyle as I get older (I turn 35 next year) and my health is something I need to pay more attention to.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I am sure I will need motivation from time to time and I hope I can be a bit of motivation to others.

Friendship request sent... i hope you find a good support on me!
  • Carissamr
    Carissamr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...I had the same issue awhile back...when I stepped on the scale I couldn't believe it...I had gained 34 pounds over the winter without even realizing it...it put me at my highest weight ever and I knew I had to do something about it...I found this site and have stuck to keeping up with my food diary and exercising regularly...What part of NY are you from...I live in a tiny town about an hour north of Albany
  • ImmaLocStar
    Options
    Hi there! That is exactly what I am going through. That scale got me right into action. I am determined to at least be accountable for what I am eating, I never saw a point in keeping a food diary of what I eat, but I think I should give it a try. I live in Queens, NY. Its primarily a car community which is a big change from the hustle of trains and walking in Brooklyn where I lived before. I have more than enough interesting places around to take a stroll, I need to start finding them :-)