Low Calorie, Filling Foods?

Options
I have a huge appetite (I guess my stomach got very large over the years) so I'm constantly trying to find yummy foods that will leave me feeling full for few calories. I hate when I eat and then I'm hungry an hour or two later. Plus I work in a restaurant in the evenings so if I go in hungry, I have a hard time resisting temptation.

Replies

• GiiaSoCrazii
    GiiaSoCrazii Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. 1/2 cup of Quackers is 150 cals and just leave out butter and milk etc. I like to add cinnamon and splenda to mine. once you make it you will have a pretty good sized amount and it keeps me craving free till lunch. If you want to add fruit it will up the cals but it tastes awesome and I pretty stuffed with the bowl I just had with peaches.

Try also drinking plenty water..expecially during your meal. It is true that a lot of time a glass of water will do the trick.

Oh and Apples and veggies are pretty low cals.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    eat a lot of protien- it fills you up. If you are physically tired after work, eat some chicken or fish. It will help you build muscle.
    don't eat too many carbs (try to keep it under 100) and forget fast food, junk food, sugar, white bread, rice, etc. Eat natural peanut butter, eggs/hardboiled or regular with bacon and cheeses are good. nuts, a little fruit and lots of veggies. As long as you are eating clean you can eat more and you will be full. I use the protein shakes/drinks for snack. I eat real butter, I don't drink milk but I do drink almond milk and use heavy whipping cream in my coffee.
  • jxj7227
    jxj7227 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Almonds! :)
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Almonds! :)

what?

Almonds have over 500 cals per 100 grams, which you could easily eat in one sitting and would not fill you up at all. If you want low cal foods nuts are the last thing you should look at.

eat more veg with each meal.
  • mrsjrwest
    mrsjrwest Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your stomach will shrink after a while. In the mean time, lots of water. Very often our bodies will think we are hungry when we are actually slightly dehydrated.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i'll second the protein tip, especially when it's combined with complex carbs. slow to digest means less hungry time. some of my favorites are lentils, quinoa, eggs and whole grain toast, oats with protein powder, and protein smoothies with a banana.
  • rohantyagi
    Options
    Eat Sprouts,flax seeds,oats
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Summer Squash- 750 grams of summer squash is 120 cals- that's over a pound and a half! Cook it with a little bit of olive oil in a pan or as kebabs on a grill, with some seasoned salt (or salt substitute) and a touch of cayenne pepper and you have a HUGE portion of food for about 200 cals.
  • lulubrer
    lulubrer Posts: 4
    Options
    egg white! do a veggie scrammble and egg white it up!! some salsa, so good!!
  • tcdc86
    tcdc86 Posts: 14
    Options
    I drink the GNC total lean shakes. Taste like a chocolate milk, and its very filling. So it chills my chocolate craving as well with no bad after taste! Full of vitamins as well with only 170 calories and very low carbs and sugar. Then I am not running to grab a caramello! Has lots of protein too.

Almonds are great for you but you have to pay attention to the calories as well on those too. I can easily over eat the amount for one serving. So if you do go with the almond suggestion make sure to get the single serving packages that helps a bunch!

1263100.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • rhondawparker
    rhondawparker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat mini-carrots and hummus. The carrots seem to quench my sweet craving and fill me up and the hummus is like 4 calories per tablespoon!