25 pounds Gone, 15 to go!

Options
mkmac32
mkmac32 Posts: 6 Member
Hi all! I'm fairly new to MFP, and this is my first post! :)
Growing up I had always been skinny and athletic. I'm 5'11 so there was a lot of places for extra weight to go without making me look heavy. I turned 21, and drinking, horrible diet habits, and no exercise REALLY caught up to me. I was having too much fun that I just let my weight and appearance go on the backburner. This is the first time that I have ever made a concious effort to lose weight, and it was a struggle to start with. But now, It's not about a "diet" to me, but really changing my feelings towards life and the shape that I'm in. I'm 4 months in, have lost 25 pounds(190 to 165), and am thinking I'm going to start maintaining around 150. And tone. LOTS of toning!!! There might not be a big difference in how I look.. but honestly, I FEEL great!! It's such a good feeling knowing you are making progress, and actually enjoying it.
I'm on these forums almost every night, and though I don't post, everyone is such an inspiration. I'm always showing my husband ya'lls pictures and just gushing over everyones success! :) Thanks for reading, and hopefully the pictures work.

5329_518851136496_7623908_n1.jpg

2 years ago... ~190

Meg.jpg

165! :):)

Replies

• TaushasJourney
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Keep up the good work. :)
  • KyleWitt87
    KyleWitt87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up!
  • Ruz456
    Ruz456 Posts: 99
    Options
    Nice work! you can definitely see a change your doing awesome
  • plh1991
    plh1991 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WOW! that's Awesome! I'm 5'11" and i started at 210. i'm only down 15 but my GW is 165. Its great to see how good that looks on someone my height.
  • m1311
    m1311 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You look great right now! I would wonder where 15 more pounds could come from, especially if you want to tone more. If you get any more muscle, you will look even thinner at this same weight.

I bet we're not supposed to make that kind of recommendation, but if you were my friend off screen, that's what I'd be telling you.
  • watchyourthoughts
    Options
    Dude, you're banging!! What a body. Well done :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!