Muscle Milk Veterans

Options
I'm starting to use muscle milk more and more...but I want to make sure I'm using it properly.

Am I supposed to drink it before or after I workout? Or does it matter?

and

And can I substitute it as a meal or is that a no-no?

Olivia

*Don't hate me if this is a common question...I couldn't find any other threads on it :[

Replies

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    When you take it doesnt really matter, most body builders will tell you taking protein any time is good, the companys that drive the window of 30 mins or what ever it is after you work out that you need to take it is a sales pitch...at least what ive read on bodybuilding.com.

Personally i agree long as you hit your protein needs for the day it doesnt matter when or which proteins it is......I usually take a shake after i workout tho as i get drained and it seems to pick me up and make me full so i dont eat lol
  • auriaya
    auriaya Posts: 4
    Options
    Muscle Milk is a protein supplement, I wouldn't use it as a meal replacement.
  • Treyonem
    Treyonem Posts: 10
    Options
    good question, I usually take mine morning and post work out. I did some research real quick like "google" lol and basically this is one of the most debatable questions in fitness today still. There is no real answer and I've seen arguments for all. You can benefit from drinking it at any of those times but the consensus and what I believe in as well is to drink it immediately after your workout (Within 1/2- 1hr hour at the most).

I TRY not to sub as a meal but use as a snack.... Key Word Try

Hope this help a little bit