Breakfast tips?

Options
2»

Replies

• jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i don't like eggs in the morning, i don't think i digest them well but i don't mind cereal/quinoa/yogurt/fruit/open faced tomato and cheese sandwich etc. I just have no appetite in the morning.

Try getting up a little earlier and having something small like a smoothie or protein shake and eventually your body will get used to it. & if you get up a little earlier it gives your body time to wake up and then you might get hungry and still have time to eat before going to work/school or whatever. :)

Waking up earlier is being part of my lifestyle change. my fiance has been depressed lately and keeping hours from 7am to 3 pm sleeping. i wouldn't sleep that late but i soon found myself waking up at noon... i'm working on 10 am as a consistent wake up time atm, might move it earlier still
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This is my breakfast every single day - it doesn't change. Boring to most, but very satisfying and filling. Keeps me full for about 6 hrs before it's time to eat lunch.

I start my day 16oz of ice cold water - helps boosts metabolism

1/2 cup Fiber One
    1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean
    1 soft boiled egg

-crack the egg in half, scoop out the egg from each half. chop/mix it in your bowl and then mix it with the cereal. IT'S so tasty (to me at least!)

1/2 cup of Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
    1/4 cup of blueberries (or any type of fruit you like)
    -I mix the two together because I love fruit in my yogurt.

I also espresso coffee in the mornings - black, no milk, no cream, no sugar, no artificial sweeteners either. Usually I'll have 2-3 pots - seems like a lot, but a pot is 1.5 cups of coffee. Yeah, I love coffee. lol

Try it. You may like it! :)
  • rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    Options
    I like to start with yogurt or cottage cheese for some satisfying protein. If you eat yogurt, Greek-style is the one with protein. If you actually have some time, then oatmeal is a good starter also.
  • jadedzen
    Options

this is my favourite breakfast. there was so much rejoicing when blueberries came back into season. i've done bananas etc before but blueberries are the best
  • jadedzen
    Options
    I like to start with yogurt or cottage cheese for some satisfying protein. If you eat yogurt, Greek-style is the one with protein. If you actually have some time, then oatmeal is a good starter also.

i saw a recipe for overnight oatmeal that i might try. half of my problem is i'm flippin brain dead in the morning. never have been a morning person and probably never will be. lol
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

this is my favourite breakfast. there was so much rejoicing when blueberries came back into season. i've done bananas etc before but blueberries are the best

Yes, it's very filing...my breakfasts come to 300 cals every single day.....I love my hearty breakfast :)
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I had to train my body to eat breakfast myself. I was (still am) a chronic coffee drinker, and generally left to it's own devices, my body prefers 3 cups of coffee (black, 2 flat tsp sugar) to percolate through my blood before food, and I would eat around noon or so.

I started small, and I find some days that it's easier to drink breakfast than eat it, so I whip up a low fat smoothie with fruits, milk, and some protein powder. A small serving of oatmeal and fruit or cereal and yogurt can both be easier to eat.
  • StephStepByStep
    StephStepByStep Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a piece of fruit for breakfast, like apple, orange, banana, etc.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

Sorry, but this is irrelevant. If you stay at a caloric deficit, it really doesn't matter when you get your meals in.

ETA: If you don't like to eat breakfast, then don't. The best plan for weight loss is the one you will stick with.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I found this to be the easiest way to make myself eat breakfast: while my morning coffee is brewing (can't live without a cup or two of coffee in the morning!), I eat a bowl of high protein/fiber cereal and microwave 6 tbsp. of egg whites (equivalent to two eggs) while I'm eating the cereal. It takes all of 45 seconds to microwave the egg whites. By the time I eat the egg whites and take my multivitamin, coffee is ready and I'm done with breakfast. Just over 300 calories, 37g carbs, 4g fat, 27g protein, 10g fiber.

FWIW, I'm not a believer in meal timing for fat/weight loss, nor do I believe it's absolutely essential that everybody eat breakfast - some people can do without it and that's fine IMO.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am not hungry first thing in the morning either. I Make my coffee in the morning and bring a yogurt and some pretzels or something like that and eat it at work at about 9 or 10.
  • jadedzen
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback guys. i will maybe just try to stress a little less about breakfast since it's never really been in my nature to eat a lot in the morning. I just wonder if i'd have more energy in the mornings if i ate. i drag *kitten* hard in the mornings and i'm trying to find a way to get more energy out of my diet and lifestyle. the other problem i run up against is not eating all my calories and i have in the past had problems with eating disorders and am trying to really lose this weight the healthy way. It's amazing how much food 1200 calories actually is if you're making good food choices. Perhaps i'll just try something like almonds in the morning and see how that goes.
  • Renye79
    Renye79 Posts: 1
    Options
    protein will keep you full. My favorite is scrambling a egg with peppers, onions, and tomatoes then adding a little cheese. Serve with fruit. You should be good to go for a few hours and you will be amazed at the amount of energy you have.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've never been a breakfast person but I make sure I eat every morning. Now I have my oatmeal and berries nearly every day. I love it!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am someone who was never hungry for breakfast in the morning and I don't like a lot of the so-called breakfast foods anyhow so I've had to train myself to eat breakfast. I usually do something small like greek yogurt and a banana and have another small snack on my break. I've found that this also helps keep me on track the rest of the day as well because I don't get super hungry and overdo anything or get tempted by things I shouldn't have. It also keeps my energy up as well.
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have a major problem with breakfasts, in that i don't eat them. I have yogurt and other foods i could eat for breakfast but i find in the mornings i don't feel like eating. Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have tips for breakfasts for a non-morning person?

I used to NEVER eat breakfast because I was never in the mood. One day I just started forcing myself to do it and now I will run late in the AM but I HAVE to eat before I leave the house.

I know it's hard but just force yourself to do it everyday - just a small bowl of cereal - and eventually your body will signal it self that it is hungry in the morning.
  • chikkenlikken
    chikkenlikken Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast half of the time. If I'm not hungry, then I don't eat. I'm still losing weight, too! Actually, there's new evidence that eating breakfast may make you consume more calories over the day. Check it out. It's called intermittent fasting. Everyone's different, though! That's just me!